View Single Post
Old 25.10.2016, 04:25 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

I can relate on the reluctance to move to 64 bit Cubase for similar reasons (some plugins not available in 64bit), and shamefully I still work in 32 bit. I'm going to have to start gradually moving to 64 anyway, if nothing else for sample based instruments (for example I'm interested in buying Omnisphere Keyscape for the awesome pianos, organs etc, but I doubt it would play well with 32 bit if at all). Also Kontact doesn't seem to appreciate me working in 32 bit.

As far as Mac -- I have several of them and while I don't want to offend those that are happy with their setups, my personal opinion is that Apple can shove their computers up their arse for purposes of my music setup. For work related tasks, I have a brand new 5K iMac which has an amazing screen and some other things to like about it, but in terms of performance it is a dog compared to a 7 year old mid range PC running Windows 10. This iMac was spec'ed out with the fastest components currently available! When your instruments are software based that matters tremendously. Add to this that in terms of compatibility, Windows shits all over it. I can run software from decades ago on Windows, and on the Apple platform you can't really trust anything to work every time a new OS release comes out. My PC that I built in 2010 on Windows 7, that has been migrated up the chain to Windows 8 and now Windows 10 is still kicking ass and taking names, running tons of instances of everything and is relatively low maintenance with the possible exception of those Native Instrument Komplete updates and the occasional Windows update.