View Single Post
Old 03.04.2018, 11:31 PM
New here
New here

Default Midi thru question

I have an Virus B and I am trying to split the midi in signal and route to two separate sequencers. Sequencer A is the Digitakt Sequencer B is the Social Entropy Engine. I tried a midi Y cable and that will not work. I tried to take the Midi in of the virus into a kenton midi thru box and then took two midi cables from the thurs to each of the sequencers and that did not work. Just to note I have the Digitakt OUT routed to a MOTU midi express IN that is set to Midi merge all. So the Digitakt is the master and the Engine is the slave. I tried to configure this MOTU but its kinda complex and I gave up on setting that up and just run it in merge all lol. I think this MOTU is the key to everything if I could just have someone help me configure it properly but who knows. I thought that the midi thru on the virus can be used as just another midi in. So i tried hooking a cable from the midi thru of the virus to the engine sequencer and no luck. Im using the virus in muli mode so each track has its own midi channel.