View Single Post
Old 22.03.2018, 04:16 PM
New here
New here

Default Cannot update indigo

Hello,
I cannot get my indigo to receive the midi update files. I use 4.8 since it the recommended OS for this old instrument. I need some basic information, it seems.
Using the press store on startup step, I see [store]Receive< displayed.
When I transimt the Midi file to the virus, nothing happens. The cable blinks showing transmission, but there is no response from the unit.
If I press store it displays, "receiving- waiting for data," but nothing actually happens on the instrument end.
I tried a focusrite interface, a USB/midi converter cable, Midi-Ox, Ableton, and FL STudio so far. I think I have gone through every possible permutation and combination of virus control settings. Nothing.
Other people report various problems in terms of not receiving complete files, I wish I could even get that far- I receive nothing.
Question: is the display supposed to react when receiving a file? If so, what should it say? The "receiving- waiting for data" message plainly has no relation to reality.
Any help would be appreciated. I have been trying this on various occasions over the past three years. No success.

Smitty