View Single Post
Old 25.06.2021, 11:56 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Sold my Virus a while back, but I seem to remember in the VC software you had to specifically make sure the USB outs were not selected -- if not using VC you may need to set the equivalent on the synth (which I don't know how to do, I had a Snow and found it unworkable without the software only because lack of knobs). If that's already in place, it could be a DAW/Audio interface specific thing... In Cubase there are a couple of ways to do it but you basically set up a bus to the audio outs then when you add tracks, make that the destination of that track. To add another potential roadblock, in the software for the audio interface you may need to tell it to monitor those outputs -- my interface is Focusrite Scarlett 3rd gen... every interface is different but the Focusrite mix software likes to mute things if you don't tell it to monitor. All that may be old news to you if you already have other external instruments sending to your interface. For me going back to all hardware setup from years of plugins was a learn-by-numbers exercise but my god is the sound worth it. The Virus sounds much better through good pre-amps than USB and doesn't have all the latency bullshit that USB 1.1 was doomed for. In general good hardware just destroys software in overall sound. I think my Hydrasynth module ($900 new) sounds better than my Virus Snow (going for near that used) and is infinitely better for sound design... but depends on preference I guess.

Not sure about the scratchy headphone signal -- that doesn't sound good.