Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 01.01.2017, 03:38 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Virus C / Ableton sound issues - 'Splashy Reverb' (?) introduced into sound?

Hi, Happy New Year

Can't find this topic in previous threads so hopefully not repeating it.

So, here is the problem I have. I've got Virus C hooked up to Ableton ok using the external instrument effect. I can record, use midi etc - no issues.

Then, for some reason when I change a parameter or select another channel within Ableton (basically do anything within the DAW), what was a previously good sounding patch in the Virus C becomes washed with a splashy reverb noise. It's not piercing or partially loud but its there - a weird kind of white noise reverb. It only happened occasionally but now it's almost constant.

The only way to get rid of the noise is to select another patch, at which point the noise disappears (until I then tweak Ableton too much).

The problem is if you have tweaked a patch or written your own you have to start again.

Has anyone any thoughts on this? It's happened using an old Focusrite audio interface and a new one so pretty sure it's not linked to that.

Thanks for your help

Rich
Old 03.01.2017, 09:37 PM
New here
New here

Hi.

I imagine that you have for example

One click midi of 2 times

With 2 chords

For example...

Go to edit Envelope -> The e who shows when you click in the inferior left corner view.

Now check CC 40 for example who is Cut off 1 and automatizate like you want by the way you want

Now play the click and dont tweak any parameter

Before doing this I recommend you reset your virus for anyway parameter who is wrong

after that play as I say and now check...

Dont touch any knob cause will be recorderd in the lot of the cc that they are and one of that must be the problem

let me know...

also if you dont know for what is each one of the cc you can check my last post i put for what are each one