Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 06.05.2019, 09:11 PM
New here
New here

Default Easiest way to open indigo to check capacitors

Hi,

My indigo seems to have developed the capacitor issue and I’d like to open it up to take a look if there are any visual clues and assess whether I have the kahunas to try to fix it myself or if I should pay someone to do it

What is the easiest way to open it? I’ve seen the thread on re-potting it which is a pretty involved disassembly. This video make it look like you just do the two rear bottom screws and the two on the back of the unit: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ImigoFK-ZeU but i couldn’t seem to open it when I did this - admittedly I didn’t apply much force for fear of damaging it.

Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks
Tom
Old 07.05.2019, 04:36 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

You are right, it looks like you don't need to remove the keybed first - you can leave it on the chassis.

So I'm guessing you just need to unscrew the red ones in order to remove the front panel:-

Failing that, you may need to do the yellow ones (side cheeks) too.

Once the front panel is removed, you will need to unscrew a few screws on the rear of the unit too (where the jacks are), there were around 10 screws on my older Indigo. Not all need to be unscrewed, think I only unscrewed 8 from the rear, your Indigo 2 may be different, use your intuition.

Old 07.05.2019, 08:10 PM
New here
New here

Thanks Timo! I'll let you know how I get on
Old 11.09.2019, 02:22 AM
New here
New here

I concur. To get to the innards of the Indigo 1 you must remove the side panels (yellow screws) as they interfere with sliding the top panel tabs out of the bottom panel slots. You also have to remove the 4 red screws to release the top panel. Leave the keybed screws in as removing them only makes it more difficult to deal with. Also, you don't need to remove the back panel screws unless you really want to remove the whole main board.