Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 24.10.2016, 07:19 PM
New here
New here

Default Virus ti vst 32 bit send my new PC in Kernel Panic

Hello everyone,
i own a Virus ti 2 desktop and a Virus Snow since years, and i always used them on Mac systems.
Recently i bought a powerfull PC with WIndows 7 64 bit, but i have a problem with both the Viruses.
First of all i had an issue with the installation, the 64 bit installer was getting stuck when ask to plug in the Virus devices, but then i found a tread where someone suggest to install the software without plugin in the devices. This works and i could success with the installation. After rebooting windows, the virus device is recognize and Cubase 6.5 64 bit open up the Virus vst like normally and work fine. But in Cubase 6.5 32 bit when i try to open the Virus the all computer crush in kernel panic, blue screen, restart
I get this problem with both my devices, desktop version and snow.
i try uninstall and reinstall, tryed with different downloads and different versions, i still get kernel panic on 32 bit cubase.
i also tryed resetting the virus several times... is few weeks im struggling, please help, any advices are welcome.
Thanks
Old 25.10.2016, 10:07 AM
New here
New here

While changing port and trying again and again to find the problem, i notice that on a new project, both of the viruses are working fine! they open up normally. But when i try to open the viruses on some older projects (created on Mac osx system) i get Kernel Panic. I also notice that the same project opened on Cubase 64 bit doesn't give me Kernel Panic... it works fine!
So i guess the problem is showing only on projects created with mac os system, and only on cubase 32 bit. On cubase 64 bit, the virus open up properly also on older projects and also on the same projects which gives me Kernel Panic on Cubase 32 bit.
I guess i have to move to Cubase 64 bit, but at the moment i have lot of projects using plugins that comes only on 32 bit, so before finally moving to Cubase 64 bit i need to try everything possible to make it work also on older 32 bit projects.
please help, any advices are appreciated
Old 25.10.2016, 04:25 PM
This forum member lives here

I can relate on the reluctance to move to 64 bit Cubase for similar reasons (some plugins not available in 64bit), and shamefully I still work in 32 bit. I'm going to have to start gradually moving to 64 anyway, if nothing else for sample based instruments (for example I'm interested in buying Omnisphere Keyscape for the awesome pianos, organs etc, but I doubt it would play well with 32 bit if at all). Also Kontact doesn't seem to appreciate me working in 32 bit.

As far as Mac -- I have several of them and while I don't want to offend those that are happy with their setups, my personal opinion is that Apple can shove their computers up their arse for purposes of my music setup. For work related tasks, I have a brand new 5K iMac which has an amazing screen and some other things to like about it, but in terms of performance it is a dog compared to a 7 year old mid range PC running Windows 10. This iMac was spec'ed out with the fastest components currently available! When your instruments are software based that matters tremendously. Add to this that in terms of compatibility, Windows shits all over it. I can run software from decades ago on Windows, and on the Apple platform you can't really trust anything to work every time a new OS release comes out. My PC that I built in 2010 on Windows 7, that has been migrated up the chain to Windows 8 and now Windows 10 is still kicking ass and taking names, running tons of instances of everything and is relatively low maintenance with the possible exception of those Native Instrument Komplete updates and the occasional Windows update.
Old 27.10.2016, 12:23 PM

Oops "Omnisphere Keyscape" should have been Spectrasonics.