Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 11.05.2021, 10:35 PM
New here
New here

Question Sysex banks/sounds INTO Virus TI2

Hi guys,

I'm trying to use Sysex Librarian on my macbook to save & load sound banks into the RAM banks of my virus TI2.

I can download (record) a bank just fine FROM the virus - it takes a minute or two for a bank to come across but that's fine and I can see the sysex file sitting there (about 500k size or something), which is great - all looks good.

However I am having trouble sending the TO the synth. I enable sysex receive on the config menu on the virus, select the bank I want to upload to the synth on Sysex Librarian and press "play". I see the taskbar on Sysex Librarian swing into action AND I see the little sysex icon flash for a couple of seconds on the virus LCD but its all over so quickly and nothing seems to have changed...like a bad date

Does anyone use this setup to manage banks/patches? Any ideas?

Thanks
Nicko
Old 23.05.2021, 02:49 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

over usb or midi? Can you decrease the transmission speed in the sysex librarian?
Old 23.05.2021, 06:35 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by charonme View Post
over usb or midi? Can you decrease the transmission speed in the sysex librarian?

Hey!
Thanks for the reply. I was trying it over midi - can you do it over USB with sysex librarian?

I tried adjusting the transmission speed, buffer size and pause between packets but nothing seemed to make any difference. I even tried 3 different midi interfaces too as I'd seen another post where somebody found it only worked using their x-station (I have one of those too - tried it - nope).

The sysex is definitely reaching the Ti2 as I can see the SE icon flash up. I can at the same time, see the progress bar in sysex librarian but it moves really quick. Bearing in mind that that first thing i did was to back up my current RAM-A bank - which worked just fine but took several minutes to complete.

So it looks like something is wrong at the virus end when it comes to decoding the sysex - but what? Obviously I haven't sent sysex to the virus successful before, so I'm not sure exactly what should happen on the virus when it IS successful. If you've done this before - maybe you could shed a little light on this?

Thanks again!
Nic