The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Virus TI Vs. TI 2? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=31376)

danbeaulieu 06.08.2009 07:59 PM

Virus TI Vs. TI 2?

So is the only difference a small amount (25% more) power? I have a Virus TI and am thinking about selling it to get a TI 2 but after visiting the Access website for more info I suddenly don't feel so inclined to do so.

Yes running out of polyphony pisses me off but with 25% more power you'll get what? One more track out of this thing... at best?

Are there any other benefits to getting a TI 2?

Thanks Guys

Axis Mundi 08.08.2009 01:31 PM

I don't know about you, but to me, +25% is rather significant.

danbeaulieu 08.08.2009 08:11 PM

It is... but is it worth $500 for 2 more virus tracks?

Sell my virus ti for 2 grand pay 2500 for the Ti 2...?

So to me, the only reason to buy a virus ti 2 at this moment, other than the massive 2 extra tracks you get, is to get rid of my TI before it looses any more value in the shadow of the ti 2.

ShortBus 08.08.2009 08:35 PM

I paid $1600 for my ti polar new, its going to be hard to get 2gs used and I dont think their is enough of an upgrade to sell a TI1 for a TI2 and take that kind of hit unless your into the new paint-sceme. Plus Ive never seen a patch that a TI2 can handle that a Ti1 cant.

danbeaulieu 09.08.2009 06:32 AM

Right... You know, since the release of the Virus TI technology has doubled in CPU processing speeds from 2 cores to quad cores. Theres no reason, especially at the price-tag of $2800, that they couldn't have put the latest and greatest CPU's in this bad boy.

If the TI 2 had twice the processing power I would get it.

Thanks, this thread has solidified my initial thoughts.

DIGITAL SCREAMS 10.08.2009 07:14 PM

The biggest improvement of the TI2 over the TI is that the random pop, spark and glitch artifacts have gone. I can audition the virus at a high volume without giving myself a heart attack.

Im guessing the hardware upgrade, coupled with the OS3+ is to thank for that.

You can buy a TI2 with total confidence....

DS

rammanr88 11.08.2009 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS (Post 292577)
The biggest improvement of the TI2 over the TI is that the random pop, spark and glitch artifacts have gone. I can audition the virus at a high volume without giving myself a heart attack.

Im guessing the hardware upgrade, coupled with the OS3+ is to thank for that.

You can buy a TI2 with total confidence....

DS

not me! a ti2 snow owner told me to record the analog outs because that latency problem is still there when using Virus Control AU mode.....and the sound degradation. is that still true?:confused:

tranqui 11.08.2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axis Mundi (Post 292512)
I don't know about you, but to me, +25% is rather significant.

I don't know if I can agree with that. when playing live, you're only able to tweak one or two patches anyway and after a while you'll end up sampling the other sounds anyway because you don't touch them. I was considering to go for the TI2, but it wouldn't make any sense, really. after all, the OS is the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS (Post 292577)
The biggest improvement of the TI2 over the TI is that the random pop, spark and glitch artifacts have gone.

never had any of those before.

Splat! 11.08.2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rammanr88 (Post 292587)
not me! a ti2 snow owner told me to record the analog outs because that latency problem is still there when using Virus Control AU mode.....and the sound degradation. is that still true?:confused:

What exactly is a TI2 Snow? :confused:
________
buy no2

DWJK 11.08.2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat! (Post 292597)
What exactly is a TI2 Snow? :confused:

I loled

But I opted for the TI1 instead of the TI2, and the only thing I wish it had was the reduced weight =/