The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Trouble with your Access Virus? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Really Bad Problem after an OS update. (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=24507)

Royal Tee 30.06.2004 05:50 AM

Really Bad Problem after an OS update.

Sup Guys,
I updated my OS to the latest and greatest. and Now it is absolutely Dead! :cry:
When I power the unit on it flashes the 6.5 OS screen then goes blank. No LEDs No Sound No Nothin, Just power on (Display is Blank but On).
I tried:
-Reset (Holding shape while powering up).
-Re-installing the OS

I can't think of anything else it could be.
I'm not sure if the reset I did is Correct but Can anyone think of what it could be?
I did a search (several) and found no problems like this.
Any help is valuable so pitch in if you can.
Thanx

DIGITAL SCREAMS 30.06.2004 08:27 PM

I wish I could help...but theres nothing I can do really. I take it that you have contacted Access about this? Could it be a seriously corrupted OS install? Did the power go off when installing the OS?

DS

Royal Tee 30.06.2004 09:39 PM

That's kewl

Thanx for the reply.
I contacted Access Last Night and the responded within an Hour with the referral to where I have to take it.
gsfagency.com
Now Getting a response from the other company, That's another story.

No the install went well actually but it just never worked after It finished.

Hollowcell 01.07.2004 01:24 AM

I wish I could help too, but unfortunately I can't.

I had a weird experience the first time I updated the OS of the new VC I have actually.

After the install had completed it read on the screen "Do not touch me" then it reset itself, but nothing came back at all (just a blank screen). My last VC would reset into the new OS no problem, but this one didn't. I sat there for about 10 minutes thinking what I should do. I finally to turned the thing off then on and luckily it came back to life. Then i reinstalled the OS again, and this time when it reset itself it came back to life first time 8O ...Possesed little box!

I hope your trouble is fixed soon mate!

DIGITAL SCREAMS 01.07.2004 06:34 AM

Access technical support are to be commended. They are the best in the business. I had a query once and one of the tech guys personally phoned me (from Germany) to clarify the issue. Very professional and very quick.

The problem/issue you have will be sorted out.....you can be rest assured.

Lets us know how u get on :)

DS

Royal Tee 01.07.2004 07:03 PM

Pretty Quick

I got a reply from the service center with the address and instructions on what to do.
I'll keep you guys posted.
Thanx for the assurance. ;)

Royal Tee 02.07.2004 06:33 PM

Fingers Crossed

I'm bringing the unit in today.
The Unit is a B-Stock unit from an authorized dealer.
I registered the unit online and I am the original owner so I hope this won't be a problem.
I assume just like any other piece of B-Stock equipment it comes with the full warranty.

Royal Tee 03.07.2004 05:24 AM

WOW.

I dropped off the Unit. They took it and said about a 2 week turnaround depending on any needed parts.
The were very pleased with The fact that I Brought my E-Mail, sales receipt and was prepared with all info, It made it go smoothly.
The receipt I brought in did say B-Stock on it so I guess it was still covered. The people were surprisingly pleasant and actually nice to talk to.
If all goes well I will be more than happy to recommend them to anyone.
I also Mentioned this forum so I'll see if there's something I can do to look in here ;)
Fingers still crossed..........

Hollowcell 03.07.2004 11:28 PM

That's good news!

I'm glad it's all gone smoothly. Do you have to pay anything, or is your Virus still under warrentee?

Royal Tee 04.07.2004 06:31 PM

Nope

While doing the paper work he asked if it was still under warranty I said Yes and gave him the receipt. He saw that the receipt said B-Stock and he still took it with no questions asked so I'm pretty happy.

Missing My Virus already.
Just like Love, You don't realize what you had til it's gone. :cry: