The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Anyone else still get MIDI timing issues without using USB ? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=26401)

ill 05.01.2006 11:03 AM

Anyone else still get MIDI timing issues without using USB ?

hmmm, access are now trying my patience.

I installed 1.08 but was ona deadline for a demo for something and EVERYTHING went wrong,

including a massive time lag in SX3.1.1 even without using the TI Plug in.

when's 1.09 out?

x

Gano 05.01.2006 01:41 PM

You're not the only one having those problem, Access support are aware off all the remaining problems. They told me to wait for a couple of updates to get everything done... :?
For Three days, without any reasons, my TI has been working fine with Sonar 4 using Virus Control. I must hurry to do some tracks before the next full moon shows up or the wind changes :P

marc 05.01.2006 01:54 PM

Re: Anyone else still get MIDI timing issues without using U

Quote:

Originally Posted by ill
hmmm, access are now trying my patience.

I installed 1.08 but was ona deadline for a demo for something and EVERYTHING went wrong,

including a massive time lag in SX3.1.1 even without using the TI Plug in.

when's 1.09 out?

x

what did happen exactly?

marc

MADSTATION 05.01.2006 02:15 PM

Yeah the timing, even in midi is below average. I have no problems with any of my other synths(jp8080, fr777, alpha juno2, novation ks4).

Might be related to my EMU1820m combo with the Virus...Seems like the Virus has a hard time with the EMU products(correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm using Cubase SX3.1.1

marc 05.01.2006 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADSTATION
Yeah the timing, even in midi is below average. I have no problems with any of my other synths(jp8080, fr777, alpha juno2, novation ks4).

Might be related to my EMU1820m combo with the Virus...Seems like the Virus has a hard time with the EMU products(correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm using Cubase SX3.1.1

please explain. are you using USB MIDI or MIDI (with an MIDI interface)? how can i reproduce you "below average" timing? owning a JP8080 myself i couldn't say that i would prefer the timing of it against the TI at all.

... and - what does the 1820 has to do with the TI's MIDI timing? do you use the 1820's two MIDI out for the TI or do you use it for _all_ the synths at the same time?

best, marc

MADSTATION 05.01.2006 02:46 PM

marc: I tried both using USB MIDI and midi cables with midi interfaces(with EMU1820M midi port and a MIDISPORT 4x4) and everytime I playback the midi sequence, the first few notes seem to have a problem staying in time. My fix for this is just to play a short sequence a few bars before the actual one when I'm at the recording stage.

an example using 1 ti channel without external fx, straight from the analog out: http://www.madstation.net/Melodie_trance(uneautre).mp3
It is subtle since I did my best to record this sequence(took me 4 times to get it right) but you can still hear the notes struggling a bit at the start.
When I layer the metronome over this it is even more obvious.

I don't mind notes running out of time once in a while when playing back, but when recording this is a pretty frustrating matter.

Thanks!

ill 05.01.2006 04:14 PM

When I say everything, it caused a massive time lag even when I hit "enter" in SX3.1.1 to play audio tracks of beats (without the TI plug in being pulled up as a VSti)

1.07 initially worked great, then started getting clicks worse than on any "demo" versions that emit random noise.

I was just getting my head around it with MIDI and old skool, punching in all the presets -

And now the midi drops out of time if you mess about with stopping and starting your Sequencer.

For a 1500 GBP product it's not too hot. I am considering trading it in for Nord.

PS: to the guy above I am also using a EMU1820M

The girl next door 05.01.2006 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ill
I am considering trading it in for Nord.

Don't even go there....... :x

Khazul 05.01.2006 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ill
For a 1500 GBP product it's not too hot. I am considering trading it in for Nord.

Best set aside another few hundred quid for a Lexicon or similar fx box to go with it then :)

Also keyboards on nords (apart from the G2X modular) are horrible as well.

Sleepwalker 06.01.2006 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The girl next door
Don't even go there....... :x

Tell us why.

(curious)