The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Access Modular (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=33103)

Smag 14.11.2011 10:42 PM

Access Modular

Some late night random thoughts here. Do you think it would it be possible and would there be a market for an Access Modular? It would still involve an Access desktop unit or keyboard but instead, the software would be a drag and drop affair with the current oscillators, filters and effects broken up into routable modules and more modules added in updates later e.g. sampling, etc - much the same way as Nord Modular? Any thoughts?

boreg 15.11.2011 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smag (Post 300521)
Do you think it would it be possible and would there be a market for an Access Modular?

Short answer: NO.
If there was a market for hardware digital modular synth, Nord Modular would still be in production (and if that were the case, it would be extremely difficult to compete with!). As things stand today, no chance.

Smag 15.11.2011 07:40 AM

Shame! I would love to see something like that from Access.

Aldebaran 23.11.2011 01:35 AM

"What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve" Napoleon Hill..

I really like the nord modular concept... i still own mine and i wont let it go, the only real downside is the bunch of midi cables (2 in /2 out!!)

But to be honest with you, the idea i love the most is an Access Virus GrooveBox!! Imagine a groovebox sequencer with a Virus synth engine attached to it... all in one BOX! ...a Virus with rubber buttons!!

Never stop dreaming amigo... dreams are what reality is made of!!

Robbins 11.12.2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boreg (Post 300524)
Short answer: NO.
If there was a market for hardware digital modular synth, Nord Modular would still be in production (and if that were the case, it would be extremely difficult to compete with!). As things stand today, no chance.

I won't agree with you here. If the virus would remain the way it is, the modular concept would be a great addition and would be interessting for even more users.

Rick Boogie 11.12.2011 05:19 PM

I'd be all in for an Access Virus Groovebox. That's an idea worth spending $$ on.

Smag 24.12.2011 03:10 PM

Just some musings really, the Nord Modular is still popular and they don't spend long on Ebay because they're useful instruments with a lot of sonic mileage still in them because of their modular nature. I think all of the additions of functionality to the Ti series have taken in the synth that direction anyway. The Ti almost has a modular list of features, crammed into a subtractive style synth which suits it less than it did in 2000 with the B and C series. A reorganisation of all the Virus Control features into a modular interface would have me reaching for my wallet anyway.

AcidDaphne 02.02.2012 01:00 AM

Me Too

Would spend the money.:o

Aldebaran 02.02.2012 04:29 AM

Ive been thinking about the Virus Groovebox, and if you own a Virus TI, you can freely program the arpeggiator on every channel, defining you own *patterns* then set all arpeggiators to hold mode, so you can turn them on and off... (is this possible with the audition button??) and voila! you have an Access Virus Groovebox!!