The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   new update 3.0.4.00 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=31294)

Sonis 19.07.2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telson (Post 291963)
that's right. exactly
Sonis after bla bla bla do something useful
also nobody knows your software and hardware setup
and if they function rightly

Try reading the rest of the thread before you post then. I've said numerous times that I've already contacted support and that it obviously has nothing to do with my software and hardware setup since the virus does the exact same thing when the only cord plugged in is the power cord. I don't see how you don't understand this. I've even posted an uncut 10 minute video of the virus crashing while only the power cord is plugged in and it's sitting on the init patch.

I don't know why I'm even justifying your post with a response to be honest though. It was painfully obvious that don't want to hear any bad words about your precious synthesizer as soon as you started with the personal attacks. Sorry if I accidentally prevented your thread from turning in to the access music circlejerk you were hoping for! :rolleyes:

edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celestry (Post 291964)
I can't believe what i'm reading in this thread!! Telson, are YOU actually reading this thread?? You're being a cock to guy that has a machine that is screwed!! And your last post, quoted above, will hopefully be your last on this matter as you shamble away knowing you're trolling a guy for no reason, given the quote from Sonis below, of course, which was posted yesterday!

Thank you haha.

telson 19.07.2009 12:09 PM

+ 1000 kobayashi

Sonis are you playing with us?
Are you serious?
This error has nothing to do with latest os update.
Try to understand this.
You said that you are facing this problem almost since you bought this.
Are you serious ? Why didn't you ask Access to replace your machine ?

feedingear 19.07.2009 12:14 PM

I think my Polar just sneezed in Cubase... buzz of noise then a staticy burst after about 2-3 hours of (light) usage in cubase, only two parts, happened when in playback changing between oscillator types quickly. Happened the next two times I did playback and tweaking.

I normally dont push the virus like that because I know its sensitive to overload while playing back tracks/reading the forums. That error sound familiar to everyone?

Mr Ben 19.07.2009 12:38 PM

Hi Sonis

After watching your you tube vid there is definitely a major problem with your virus.
I suspect it has nothing to do with the OS it looks more like a major hardware fault.
Maybe a power supply problem i dont know.
But send it back and get a replacement for it man.

I feel for you mate it must be driving you up the wall.

absynth 19.07.2009 01:56 PM

send it back to your dealer and they will send it to access to repair it

its a pain in the ass but thats the only good solution

Paprika 19.07.2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timo (Post 291939)
it's the same meter, but it's more accurate.

I meant, where is any meter? I always wanted to know how much I load up virus.

ben crosland 19.07.2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paprika (Post 291973)
I meant, where is any meter? I always wanted to know how much I load up virus.

Top right of the Single or Multi play pages. It's a little rectangle that works like a battery meter - the more bars in it, the more DSP the patch is using.

realtrance 19.07.2009 05:54 PM

I would agree with goldenanalogue; first, it definitely sounds like it might be worth the trouble to look into whether there's a hardware defect that's a factor.

If that's too much to contemplate (I can understand this! Shipping around keyboards these days is pretty risky, unless you drive it there yourself), then I really do think the whole USB connection is an area you should investigate more thoroughly.

I've been reading around online and I'd never heard until recently that USB can have real problems with noise, especially if there are any grounding (or worse, ground loop) issues with your computer. It's entirely possible that there's something like that going on with your Virus/PC USB connection.

I would try updating it with a different computer, try a variety of options -- a laptop, a Mac, whatever -- borrow if you have to -- to see whether it makes any difference. Or first, take _everything_ off your USB connections and only connect the Virus and try going that way.

Just trying to help! I had problems with one version of the TI OS update, back around the 2.x time frame, and Access proved very helpful. Like many boutique synth companies (Clavia, Waldorf), they're small, so patience and good cheer is required in communication (hey, this is even true with big companies! <g>). Just hang in there and eventually you'll find a solution, one way or another.

Sonis 19.07.2009 08:28 PM

Finally got ahold of access support by closing a ticket that was unanswered for 2 weeks, and they're getting in contact with the place I ordered it from (sweetwater) to see if they have another TI2 that I can swap it out with and can send my unit back to the access office.

Quote:

Originally Posted by telson (Post 291966)
+ 1000 kobayashi

Sonis are you playing with us?
Are you serious?
This error has nothing to do with latest os update.
Try to understand this.
You said that you are facing this problem almost since you bought this.
Are you serious ? Why didn't you ask Access to replace your machine ?

I never said it had anything to do specifically with the latest update. The problem hasn't been this severe since I got the unit, and some days it isn't AS bad as others (it'll only crash every 20-30 mins or so and not ever 50 seconds on some days). Not to mention in the first two months worth of contact with access support they specifically told me to wait for an update to fix the problem, so why would I not think it was a problem with the software originally?

Also, why would I be playing with you? It's not like I have anything to gain by making an internet forum think my synthesizer is broken... That'd be totally imbecilic.

Hollowcell 20.07.2009 12:23 AM

Just read through the thread...

First of all I feel sorry for you guys having trouble with the TIs - so many problems, so much money spent!

Secondly, Telson my friend, you are a complete wanker and should be kicked off the forum. I am not one for personal attacks (stop grinning old UaVF members), but your comments are not helpful to anyone, and your obvious fanboi style can affect Access as threads like these go for much longer than they need to.

So suck it up and fuck off. Meant in the nicest way of course. :)

telson 20.07.2009 06:40 AM

Hollowcell

My Polar works FINE, stop crying girl
You have to live with that because it's something that bothers you
So suck it up and fuck off. Meant in the nicest way of course. :smile:

feedingear 20.07.2009 10:42 AM

Can we keep these posts constructive? This forums generally got a nice vibe and most threads are worth reading - a rarity in most internet forums.

Timo 20.07.2009 12:27 PM

Telson, we're happy that your v3.0.4 OS works brilliantly, however that's no reason to troll/chastise other people for issues regards theirs. Access previously stated via email that the OS following v3.0.3 may help Sonis, which is why he posted here. It now appears he clearly has a hardware fault and Access are finally trying to remedy that issue with the distributor for him. So hopefully things will be better for him.

We try to keep freedom of expression as much as possible here, but it doesn't mean you can abuse that privilege. Further unconstructive comments or one liners to the argument will be deleted. After which, bans will be issued.

Respect other people and respect will be given in return.

Let's get back to the discussion of TI OS v3.0.4. :) Cheers.

Ingo 20.07.2009 01:06 PM

Hello,

i installed OS 3.0.4 pb on my Virus TI (mk I) desktop today. Used it via USB and VC and no problems so far in Ableton Live 8.0.4. The pops and clicks seem to be disappeared. The polyphony seems to be slightly increased, from sometimes only 9-10 notes to about 15. This has to be further investigated. So far after nearly 3 years the first time i could really use the Virus TI. Wanted to sell it about 10 times during the years. Now that i have the Waldorf Largo softsynth this still might happen sometimes.

fgimian 20.07.2009 02:11 PM

Regarding the DSP meter, I have always really wished for something along the lines of a CPU meter to let me know exactly how much polyphony I am using, and how much is left.

Does anyone else crave this? Do you think Access could make it happen?

Regarding the noise bursts, I recently (since upgrading to OS3) have had several noise bursts (I'm still on the latest stable build though). On my system, they sound like stereo noise (without much high freq content) being distorted very heavily. They aren't excessively loud, but they still give me a scare every time. Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to confirm that it is the Virus TI causing these noises, the only other suspect is ArtsAcoustic Reverb (although that has never caused my trouble in the past).

Good luck to all with issues, I hope you get them sorted soon :)

P.S.: On this particular forum, I have to click EDIT twice to edit my posts, anyone else have that issue? Firefox 3.5.1 here

absynth 20.07.2009 02:23 PM

any change of that slow-down problem in Windows 7? when in browser tab vc and changing tabs?

Cantankerous 20.07.2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundpalace (Post 292003)
Regarding the DSP meter, I have always really wished for something along the lines of a CPU meter to let me know exactly how much polyphony I am using, and how much is left.

Does anyone else crave this? Do you think Access could make it happen?

Regarding the noise bursts, I recently (since upgrading to OS3) have had several noise bursts (I'm still on the latest stable build though). On my system, they sound like stereo noise (without much high freq content) being distorted very heavily. They aren't excessively loud, but they still give me a scare every time. Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to confirm that it is the Virus TI causing these noises, the only other suspect is ArtsAcoustic Reverb (although that has never caused my trouble in the past).

Good luck to all with issues, I hope you get them sorted soon :)

P.S.: On this particular forum, I have to click EDIT twice to edit my posts, anyone else have that issue? Firefox 3.5.1 here

Instead of having a 'bar meter' why not give a % value. 0% is no DSP being used, 100% means totally maxed. I am sure every user can read a numeric value over a 'bar estimation'.

Doc Jones 20.07.2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by absynth (Post 292004)
any change of that slow-down problem in Windows 7? when in browser tab vc and changing tabs?

Absynth, I haven't had a chance to test out 3.0.4 yet, but with 3.0.3 I was able to get around the very sluggish VC UI (and other issues with Windows 7) by running my daw (Live 8) in compatibility mode.

Doc Jones 20.07.2009 03:45 PM

that last line should read Live 8

HUEY 20.07.2009 05:10 PM

Installation went fine here.
So far so good

I can confirm the bug, that when you change the " amp decay" (in Virus Contol!!!) the "amp release" moves as well
when you move the amp decay on the virus itself the amp release doesn't move in virus control.

WinXPsp3, TI1 Desktop, SX3

Br

TheHobbit 20.07.2009 08:36 PM

HELP 3.0.4 Beta Update

Keep trying to install this (thought id play) but my system keeps blue screening on the firmware update.

The driver install is fine but just before updating the virus BSD (Blue Screen of Death) appears...never had a problem with my PC and using same USB socket since ever getting the virus.

Only software to do this,.

Any ideas and anyone else had this issue.

Have done a cold reset on virus-rolled back drivers etc but still same issue odd but true :(

Only update its happened with is 3.0.4 all the other fine including back dating to 3.0.3.

boborulz 21.07.2009 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feedingear (Post 291967)
I think my Polar just sneezed in Cubase... buzz of noise then a staticy burst after about 2-3 hours of (light) usage in cubase, only two parts, happened when in playback changing between oscillator types quickly. Happened the next two times I did playback and tweaking.

I normally dont push the virus like that because I know its sensitive to overload while playing back tracks/reading the forums. That error sound familiar to everyone?

Hey,

Yea i've seen on many posts about the same problem. I have a Ti desktop and it does this too....i'll email access to see what they have to say.

absynth 21.07.2009 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Jones (Post 292007)
Absynth, I haven't had a chance to test out 3.0.4 yet, but with 3.0.3 I was able to get around the very sluggish VC UI (and other issues with Windows 7) by running my daw (Live 8) in compatibility mode.

hm...gonna try that

i guess i´ll wait for the release version of the new update, sounds like too many problems

h4nc0 21.07.2009 07:34 AM

There's Live 8.0.5b5 which supposedly fixes slow GUI issues with Win7, perhaps try that?

Ingo 21.07.2009 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUEY (Post 292009)
Installation went fine here.
So far so good

I can confirm the bug, that when you change the " amp decay" (in Virus Contol!!!) the "amp release" moves as well
when you move the amp decay on the virus itself the amp release doesn't move in virus control.

WinXPsp3, TI1 Desktop, SX3

Br

Confirmed the bug for the Amp envelope. On the filter envelope it's normal. The bug does not appear when using the hardware.

So far the only bug i could confirm (finally, after around 30 months !!). Running OS 3.0.4 pb on Virus TI desktop (mk I), Ableton Live 8.0.4, Win Vista 32-bit.
I had no installation problems in all 3.x.x updates. I only deinstalled the old VC software before installation (not the drivers !!).

tranqui 21.07.2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atziluth (Post 291893)
skipping 64bit Vista support.
But I don't know if this makes sense?

skipping anything vista-related makes sense!

in my case, this OS didn't even survive the first bootup after unpacking my laptop. I got so pissed waiting that I turned the f***er off and popped in the xp cd :D

ontopic, I have never had any issue with any OS update - beta or not. strange to see so many problems reported, even with the installation? damn. I'll try it tomorrow and report.

DIGITAL SCREAMS 21.07.2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonis (Post 291944)
I've had the crash problem with every version of the ti firmware since I bought my ti2 desktop. It's not JUST the new beta releases.

If you'd read my post you'd see that I said it updated fine using my laptop and promtly crashed 5 minutes later. It has nothing to do with it being a beta release, it's the exact same crash I've been getting since I bought my TI like I said already. I don't see how you don't understand this. Just because your unit is working fine doesn't mean everyone else's is. I also don't see why you're getting butthurt from me saying it's ridiculous that something I paid $2000 for doesn't work unless it's complete blind fanboyism which I wouldn't put past you.

Oh and I did a system restore to before the last windows update and got it to install on my desktop too so something went wonky when XP updated last time, and it still crashes so that had nothing to do with it. Nice try though.

Sonis - I feel your pain....

But have you ever asked yourself.....maybe its your computer that is the problem? For alot of people (myself included) I've never really had the 'problems' or 'issues' that some people seem to rant about. I have a dedicated audio pc which was customed built by digital village. There is no unnecesary programs on my machine...and its been tweaked (both bios and windows) for optimum audio performance. I just feel that maybe there is a conflict in your connections or computer software that is running in the background.

Practically all software has bugs...and a combination of these bugs might result in strange behaviour in your sequencer or virus?

DS

Sonis 21.07.2009 06:10 PM

Access contacted the people I ordered it from and they're sending me a new unit today! Before I even sent the one I currently have back which actually really surprises me, but whatever it means I get a working virus faster so yay!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS (Post 292025)
But have you ever asked yourself.....maybe its your computer that is the problem?

Read the thread lol, it crashes when it's not even plugged in to the computer, dunno how many times I've said that.

TheHobbit 21.07.2009 09:29 PM

Update to 3.0.4 no more BSD. Problem solved.

Tried again and it's worked updated to 3.0.4. Had a nasty Win32/Rootkit.Agent.ODG trojan in my system (teach me to surf on the DAW)...installed itself as a driver and kept renaming itself. Took a little while to remove but no real issue. Appears it tries to interrupt with any ports when communicating ethernet/usb and the like hence the system crsahing.

Celestry 22.07.2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonis (Post 292026)
Access contacted the people I ordered it from and they're sending me a new unit today! Before I even sent the one I currently have back which actually really surprises me, but whatever it means I get a working virus faster so yay!

RESULT, SONIS! \(^_^)/ YAY, indeed!

My TI2 Polar is pretty reliable; I can be in the middle of updating the bugger to the latest beta, so I'll go and put the kettle on, and sure enough, the MAC will go into standby, and as soon as I wake it up, the TI2 continues to accept the firmware upgrade! I always worry it'll corrupt the little sod, but it never does! Same thing happened with OS 3.0.4. Made myself a cuppa, had to wake the MAC up (must reconfigure the power settings! LOL) and it just went about its business.

It's not all good, though. I've had to wipe its nose after a sneeze on occasion.

LOL, wipe its nose, sneezing! Our Viruses all have H1N1! (@_@)

soulidstate 22.07.2009 01:25 PM

Hi Sonis,

Good for you that your unit was replaced.I have the same problem as yours where the TI2 crashes even without anything connect except the power. Analoguehaven said unit replacement is only good for 45 days counting from purchase date . After which,the manufacturer takes over the warranty obligation. I bought mine last April. Since Access will not admit that this is a hardware problem then I am stuck to wait until Access comes up with an OS that will cure the sneezing and God only knows when. My take here is that if your replacement unit for example does not show the same problem as your original unit then it's confirmed that it's really a hardware problem and Access should do something about those that have problems just like mine.

Your input regarding your new TI2 would be very important. I hope you can post how it goes.Thanks

pixie 22.07.2009 01:46 PM

Actually, I don't own a Ti but a Kc
Since I'm considering upgrading to Ti, I've been reading most of the TI related threads with interest.

Something is bugging me, a fact that everyone seem to be missing :

Why the very same hardware configuration can lead to so many different buggy behaviors ?
Why after a hard reset, same machines, with same OS, have different stability issues ?
Why some of you cannot even upgrade the machine ?
Do viruses have life of their own ?

I mean, viruses are more or less computer with analogs and digital outputs. So far, I have never seen computers fitted with the same hardware components and OS acting differently after a clean install.

Some of you seem to be lucky with their virus while other can't even consider doing music with it, that's odd.
I think you should stop blaming your computer, USB cable, midi player or whatever, and ask yourself :

Is there any chance that, Virus stability issues are internal hardware related ?
(and yes the OS is probably buggy too, but not that buggy)

From my experience with computer and VAs, I know there are different qualities of hardware components (especially RAM chip), I'm also pointing this direction because my virus Kc had stability issues which were solved by sending it back to germany and having a faulty chip replaced.

just my 2 cents

frederic

soulidstate 22.07.2009 02:17 PM

I think the challenge here is to make Access admit that it's a hardware problem. Until they come into terms with this reality if ever this is really the case then TI2 owners like myself is destined to suffer.The problem is Access support keeps on insisting that the problem we face isn't hardware related but the problem with this claim is that if this isn't really HW related but the OS, then ALL TI2 sold will have the same problem. This is something that cannot be answered as there are only a handful of people having such a complain and I am sure there are more than 100 units sold worldwide.

Come on Access, give us the real score!

Paprika 22.07.2009 06:27 PM

So guys, how to fix Decay->Release knobs issue?

Sonis 22.07.2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulidstate (Post 292043)
Hi Sonis,

Good for you that your unit was replaced.I have the same problem as yours where the TI2 crashes even without anything connect except the power. Analoguehaven said unit replacement is only good for 45 days counting from purchase date . After which,the manufacturer takes over the warranty obligation. I bought mine last April. Since Access will not admit that this is a hardware problem then I am stuck to wait until Access comes up with an OS that will cure the sneezing and God only knows when. My take here is that if your replacement unit for example does not show the same problem as your original unit then it's confirmed that it's really a hardware problem and Access should do something about those that have problems just like mine.

Your input regarding your new TI2 would be very important. I hope you can post how it goes.Thanks

Yeah I'll definitely post and let you know how the new unit ends up working. They're having me ship my old one direct to them so that they can look at it and see what was causing the crashing so hopefully they'll find something that'll work out in your favor.

h4nc0 22.07.2009 10:12 PM

c'mon access. give us 3.0.5! :D

Ingo 23.07.2009 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulidstate (Post 292043)
Hi Sonis,

When i hear that problems concerning the TI2 i am glad that i have the TI Desktop mk I and didn't try to update. With my mk I Desktop (around 30 months old) most problems seem to be finally solved with the new update 3.0.4 pb.
I hope that those annoying problems with some TI2 and TI units will be solved by another update soon. Like i stated in an older post i was around 10 times up selling my TI but with every update it was getting a bit better. Now i have the hope that all problems could be fixed sooner or later. Not sure about those TI2 problems since i don't have one of those.

djones 23.07.2009 05:55 PM

Installed and everything seemed to work fine untill I came accross the Lfo section.
Now, when I dial just lfo '1', then the dial of lfo 2 goes allong as if I have they are linked, but they are not.
And it only happens when I edit the dial of lfo 1, not vice-versa.

Paprika 23.07.2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djones (Post 292072)
Now, when I dial just lfo '1', then the dial of lfo 2 goes allong as if I have they are linked, but they are not.
And it only happens when I edit the dial of lfo 1, not vice-versa.

Good to know. I never install beta again before it's well tested here :) Back to 3.03..

Paprika 23.07.2009 07:35 PM

Someone may also notice that VC GUI in 3.04 is much slower, when you tweak knobs in particular. Now I'm even more certain about that with 3.03 on a board.