The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Need advice - Have Virus Indigo, want more sounds... (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=29035)

jason_dahlin 06.07.2007 10:10 PM

Need advice - Have Virus Indigo, want more sounds...

Hi,

I have an Access Virus Indigo -- I love it. However -- Thus far I have just used the sounds that came with it.

Question: How do I get more sounds? (also called patches, right?) I have a computer w/ internet access and am willing to buy whatever I need, but I have no idea where to start.

I would truly appreciate any advice from anyone who knows how to do this.

Thanks so much.

Jason Dahlin

jasedee 06.07.2007 10:33 PM

Why dont you try making your own sounds? It's alot cheaper, much more creative, and rewarding.

jason_dahlin 06.07.2007 10:43 PM

Well I definitely plan on that, in due time.

But Im actively playing in a band and making new tunes, and I want a plethora of sounds to pick and choose from, as soon as possible.

Here's what I'm guessing -- I have a USB input on my computer -- so should I just buy a USB/MIDI cable to provide an interface between my computer and keyboard -- And then just download patches on my computer and push them to the keyboard? I'm guessing here... correct me if I'm wrong.

danbeaulieu 07.07.2007 12:02 AM

You'll thank yourself if you just learn to make your own sounds... it take 1 night of hard work to understand the interface. Then you can crank out any sound you want... and even if you make a sound your not looking for, you can save it and use it in a different application.

In due time... I understand... but you'll thank yourself.

jason_dahlin 09.07.2007 11:11 PM

Um, thanks, for the second response advising me to make my own sounds. But that's not what I'm asking.

I'm asking what the process is for downloading sounds from my PC to my Virus.

Does anyone know how to do this?? Not trying to be a dick but I'm just asking for a little know-how that I thought some people on here might know.

Joerg Koehler 10.07.2007 01:29 PM

Send me an email at support@solar3d-software.
May I can help you...

Joerg

jasedee 11.07.2007 06:57 AM

Yeah, you'll need a sequencer and a USB-MIDI Interface. All the info you need for transferring new patches to your Indigo are in the manual

jason_dahlin 11.07.2007 04:05 PM

cool -- I have a sequencer (mpc2000) so I'm glad to hear that I just need to go get a USB-MIDI cord in terms of additional product. Thanks for the info... I'll check out the manual for the specifics.

Khazul 11.07.2007 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason_dahlin (Post 277871)
Well I definitely plan on that, in due time.

But Im actively playing in a band and making new tunes, and I want a plethora of sounds to pick and choose from, as soon as possible.

As many Virus TI owners will tell you - when you start getting loads of sounds to choose from, you get to a point where its quicker and easier to create a sound from scratch than to find the right one for the job out of 000s of them...

jasedee 12.07.2007 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason_dahlin (Post 277936)
cool -- I have a sequencer (mpc2000) so I'm glad to hear that I just need to go get a USB-MIDI cord in terms of additional product. Thanks for the info... I'll check out the manual for the specifics.

You should actually be able to transfer sounds into the Virus via a normal MIDI cable. No need for a USB-MIDI interface I think. Ahh..... actually you need to transfer the MIDI file with the patches to the MPC from your PC right?

In that case then yeah, you'll need a USB-MIDI interface. Not too expensive though.

I've always transfered patches to the Virus via a software sequencer, so I have no experience doing so with a hardware sequencer, but Im sure it is much the same process.

Let us know how you get on.

Jase