The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Trouble with your Access Virus? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Tutorial: How to do MIDI dumps (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=24159)

Doc Jones 22.03.2005 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by switchbitch
Perhaps Im just dumping the relevant parameter changes and effects??

Exactly Ben, that's why the dumps are so small.

jasedee 23.03.2005 10:22 AM

I used to do all that dumping stuff....but I just got bored. Alot easier just to dial up the relevant multi when you need it....and I dont think you will run out of multi patches anytime soon. Cross that bridge when you get there...

Glad you are sorting it out mate......

switchbitch 24.03.2005 10:56 AM

If the multi programs contain addresses of singles(not actual sounds) and I do an arrangement dump then are the addresses dumped aswell and if so shouldnt the addresses be loaded back to the multi when I play sequencer because that is not happening for me?

euphorion 26.05.2005 04:31 PM

Quote:

How to load MIDI dumps:

1. Check that you don't have SysEx filter on.
2. Press play.
SysEx filter? Where..? On the synth or in cubase?

harrystainer 26.05.2005 07:35 PM

Cubase.

euphorion 26.05.2005 11:24 PM

How do I check if it is filtered or not? :?

:noob: :P

psyoptik 24.09.2005 01:31 AM

hey guys, ive done everything that this forum and the manual says but i still cant dump a bank from my virus into cubase. i unchecked the filtering in sysex but left it ticked going through lke cubase says.

when i press dump on my virus and record on cubase my sound card is indicating that midi is getting sent to the midi in 1 slot but cubase wont recognise it?!?! wtf.

anyone else had this problem......really want to load new sounds on but want to save the 2 banks on there first though.

thanks for any help.

josh

jasedee 24.09.2005 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psyoptik
hey guys, ive done everything that this forum and the manual says but i still cant dump a bank from my virus into cubase. i unchecked the filtering in sysex but left it ticked going through lke cubase says.

when i press dump on my virus and record on cubase my sound card is indicating that midi is getting sent to the midi in 1 slot but cubase wont recognise it?!?! wtf.

anyone else had this problem......really want to load new sounds on but want to save the 2 banks on there first though.

thanks for any help.

josh

Can you give us some specs... ie what MIDI interface, Windoze or Mac etc

psyoptik 26.09.2005 01:54 AM

Im using cubaseSX3 on windowsXP platform.

In the last week ive noticed cubase getting more unstable with any projects with midi in them, weird.

Doc Jones 26.09.2005 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psyoptik
Im using cubaseSX3 on windowsXP platform.

In the last week ive noticed cubase getting more unstable with any projects with midi in them, weird.

Can you be more specific? I currently use midi quite a bit in SX 3.1 without any problems.