The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   new update 3.0.4.00 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=31294)

Paprika 17.07.2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timo (Post 291901)
includes bug-fixes and a refined DSP meter

A meter? Where?

Sonis 18.07.2009 05:19 AM

Got 3.0.4 to install on my laptop and watched the virus crash about 5 minutes after the firmware update finished. I hadn't even opened my sequencer yet. So much for this patch making my virus usable.

It's funny how in any other industry this would be completely unacceptable. If I bought a car and the engine stopped working every 5 minutes the problem would have been fixed months ago or I would have gotten a replacement car by now.

Ridiculous.

zeno 18.07.2009 07:35 AM

Hey Access.

Installed .4.00

Also confirming that the sneezing is gone, but the virus crashes and restarts just the same.

And after restart, Ableton is out of sync. It also appears that there's less polyphony after the crash. Restarting ableton solves these issues.

Update: Had many more problems. Reinstalled .3.00 - First time I've reverted on beta.

Warren_UK 18.07.2009 11:56 AM

Not worth upgrading from the comments here. I was hoping this would fix the issue were my TI in stand alone mode crashes from time to time with OS 3.0.3.

Seems I'm sticking with 2.7.5 then :cry:

Timo 18.07.2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paprika (Post 291922)
A meter? Where?

Maybe I should rephrase that. Looking at the change-log, it's the same meter, but it's more accurate.

marc 18.07.2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiScO (Post 291915)
With regards to the sync, again, unless the TI is selected in Logic, the playback is erratic. I know you are waiting for a fix for this though from Apple.

this is only for the analog outs, not for the USB outs. we discussed this like 4 years ago. i didn't say we are waiting for a fix from apple. i said, only logic can provide addition information to the plug-in which would resolve the problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiScO (Post 291915)
No 'sneezing', but still the same crash. Using EkoRoad HS on the first part in a newly created Logic project which is a simple 4 bar loop with one other instrument track containing Alchemy.

as for the patch which makes it crash, please send me an arrangement

best, marc

mitchiemasha 18.07.2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

If I bought a car and the engine stopped working every 5 minutes the problem would have been fixed months ago or I would have gotten a replacement car by now.
but if you bought a test car!!!

I've never had a problem with an actual release. Problem they have is rather than just fixing bugs, with each update comes improved ideas, sometimes new ideas. This then creates new bugs.

telson 18.07.2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonis (Post 291932)
Ridiculous.

First of all you have to learn how to update your machine cause you didn't
Secondary you have to know that this update called Beta Release

After that ask yourself mister WHO ARE RIDICULOUS

GOOD NIGHT

Sonis 18.07.2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchiemasha (Post 291941)
but if you bought a test car!!!

I've never had a problem with an actual release. Problem they have is rather than just fixing bugs, with each update comes improved ideas, sometimes new ideas. This then creates new bugs.

I've had the crash problem with every version of the ti firmware since I bought my ti2 desktop. It's not JUST the new beta releases.

Quote:

Originally Posted by telson (Post 291942)
First of all you have to learn how to update your machine cause you didn't
Secondary you have to know that this update called Beta Release

After that ask yourself mister WHO ARE RIDICULOUS

GOOD NIGHT

If you'd read my post you'd see that I said it updated fine using my laptop and promtly crashed 5 minutes later. It has nothing to do with it being a beta release, it's the exact same crash I've been getting since I bought my TI like I said already. I don't see how you don't understand this. Just because your unit is working fine doesn't mean everyone else's is. I also don't see why you're getting butthurt from me saying it's ridiculous that something I paid $2000 for doesn't work unless it's complete blind fanboyism which I wouldn't put past you.

Oh and I did a system restore to before the last windows update and got it to install on my desktop too so something went wonky when XP updated last time, and it still crashes so that had nothing to do with it. Nice try though.

zeno 18.07.2009 08:34 PM

Sonis, have you contacted support? Just curious.