The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   new update 3.0.4.00 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=31294)

telson 17.07.2009 09:23 AM

new update 3.0.4.00

About TIOS 3.0.4.00 Public Beta
-SE: Vocoder stops working when used with audio streaming through VC (fixed)
-SE: Atomizer can crash or generate noise under certain circumstances (fixed)
-VC: OS3 parameters not responding to Section Lock (fixed)
-HI: (Virus TI Snow) MIDI In didn't work under certain circumstances (fixed)
-SE: Static input mode didn't work as expected with Virus Control (fixed)
-HI: Improvements to DSP heath checks
-SE: Possible crash when changing patches (fixed)
-IN: wrong product name in Windows Vista User Account Control message (fixed)
-VC: In VST3 Plug-Ins, all parameters are grouped in parts now and can be automated without mapping

thanks access

Sonis 17.07.2009 09:52 AM

Can't even install it, I keep getting an error (error 6 it says) when it's trying to install the drivers. Not doing anything differently since I last installed or reinstalled the virus software/drivers and nothing about my system has changed since then either.

Awesome.

telson 17.07.2009 10:02 AM

Really ? Very strange Sonis
I can't try it right now , i will try it at home

Sonis 17.07.2009 10:10 AM

Yeah I'm actually really annoyed. My TI2 is so unstable that it's unusable and I was really hoping this patch would be the one, but I can't even find out now.

telson 17.07.2009 10:14 AM

Did you follow the installation process correctly ?
You have to uninstall the previous version, right ?

Sonis 17.07.2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telson (Post 291884)
Did you follow the installation process correctly ?
You have to uninstall the previous version, right ?

Yep tried it 5 times already (literally). Uninstall previous version, restart computer (just to be sure), run installer, error. Tried different USB ports and USB cables too and it didn't change anything.

edit:

Also curious about this one:

Quote:

-HI: Improvements to DSP heath checks
I wonder if that's supposed to say heat or health, unless they'd hidden candy inside the virus that I don't know about:

h4nc0 17.07.2009 10:24 AM

downloading now. I wish that I didn't have to enter my email/name info everytime I download something from Access!

Failed updating driver 1st time. Removed all Virus related drivers in Device Manager, removed virus software, reinstalled. New update graphics on Virus it seems. It loads in Ableton Live 8 without a problem and seems to work fine so far.

telson 17.07.2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h4nc0 (Post 291887)
downloading now. I wish that I didn't have to enter my email/name info everytime I download something from Access!

Failed updating driver 1st time. Removed all Virus related drivers in Device Manager, removed virus software, reinstalled. New update graphics on Virus it seems. It loads in Ableton Live 8 without a problem and seems to work fine so far.

Sonis pay attention on this !!!!

Cantankerous 17.07.2009 12:43 PM

Was really hoping to hear of 64 bit support. :(

Atziluth 17.07.2009 12:58 PM

@ Cantankerous

Maybe ACCESS is waiting for 64bit Windows 7 and are skipping 64bit Vista support.
But I don't know if this makes sense?

Cantankerous 17.07.2009 01:30 PM

There is definitely an issue with this version and Cubase 4.5.2. Upon installing this OS version, Cubase no longer opens and constantly crashes to desktop while scanning and listin installed plugins/components. When it finishes listing the Virus Ti, Cubase immediately drops to desktop and upon looking at the Virus as this happens, the LEDS slightly flicker/dim and the words configuring Virus Ti show up on the LCD screen then disappears. It will constantly do this until I unplug power from the Virus, reboot the computer, and load Cubase without the Virus plugged in, in which it will start up without issue. Resetting the Virus with ARP Edit for 10 seconds did nothing either.

telson 17.07.2009 02:33 PM

just installed new O.S. 3.0.4

NO problems at all

no problems at all during installation procedure
no problems at all with my DAW
no problems at all during vsti recognition process
no "sneezing"

thanks access !!!

Doc Jones 17.07.2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h4nc0 (Post 291887)

what version of Live 8 are you running. I am on 8.0.4 and though VC loads, it is very sluggish.

Xtigma 17.07.2009 06:28 PM

Bug with latest beta...

Could someone try this for me please... just installed the latest beta
seems whenever i turn the Amp Decay knob... the filter release knob moves as well

could you try this also please for me ?

h4nc0 17.07.2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Jones (Post 291904)
what version of Live 8 are you running. I am on 8.0.4 and though VC loads, it is very sluggish.

8.0.4 here. Yes, loading VC takes more time than previous version. I wasn't paying too much attention on loadtime. :mad:

h4nc0 17.07.2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtigma (Post 291910)
Could someone try this for me please... just installed the latest beta
seems whenever i turn the Amp Decay knob... the filter release knob moves as well

could you try this also please for me ?

Turning Amp Decay knob moves Amp Release knob here. :confused:

DiScO 17.07.2009 07:40 PM

No 'sneezing', but still the same crash. Using EkoRoad HS on the first part in a newly created Logic project which is a simple 4 bar loop with one other instrument track containing Alchemy. Good to see the nasty outburst has been tamed, been replaced with a few crackles and a few notes of the init sound, but as for the crash, nope! One thing I will say though, the playing latency without using live or direct mode seems much improved @ 128 samples buffer with RME FF800. I would still love to see the option for just 4 parts, maybe user configurable as I never go beyond that cause the patches I use are just too gutsy. With regards to the sync, again, unless the TI is selected in Logic, the playback is erratic. I know you are waiting for a fix for this though from Apple.

DiScO 17.07.2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h4nc0 (Post 291914)
Turning Amp Decay knob moves Amp Release knob here. :confused:

Confirmed :confused:

Sonis 17.07.2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telson (Post 291890)
Sonis pay attention on this !!!!

Still won't install. There weren't any virus entries in the device manager for me to remove anyways though.

h4nc0 17.07.2009 08:12 PM

Tried going back to 3.0.3. Everything installed but when running VC, it says version mismatch. Removed everything, reinstalled but same error. Virus OS is 3.0.3, VC dll is 3.0.3. :confused:

EDIT: C:\Program Files\Access Music\Virus TI\Common\Virus Control.dll wasn't updating back to 3.0.3. Deleted Access Music folder and everything is back to 3.0.3 and working fine. I can also confirm the better latency regardless of LIVE button with 3.0.4, perhaps this is a bug as well? Also, 3.0.3 loadtime is almost the same as 3.0.4. I am not so sure if VC loaded any faster than this before.

Paprika 17.07.2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timo (Post 291901)
includes bug-fixes and a refined DSP meter

A meter? Where?

Sonis 18.07.2009 05:19 AM

Got 3.0.4 to install on my laptop and watched the virus crash about 5 minutes after the firmware update finished. I hadn't even opened my sequencer yet. So much for this patch making my virus usable.

It's funny how in any other industry this would be completely unacceptable. If I bought a car and the engine stopped working every 5 minutes the problem would have been fixed months ago or I would have gotten a replacement car by now.

Ridiculous.

zeno 18.07.2009 07:35 AM

Hey Access.

Installed .4.00

Also confirming that the sneezing is gone, but the virus crashes and restarts just the same.

And after restart, Ableton is out of sync. It also appears that there's less polyphony after the crash. Restarting ableton solves these issues.

Update: Had many more problems. Reinstalled .3.00 - First time I've reverted on beta.

Warren_UK 18.07.2009 11:56 AM

Not worth upgrading from the comments here. I was hoping this would fix the issue were my TI in stand alone mode crashes from time to time with OS 3.0.3.

Seems I'm sticking with 2.7.5 then :cry:

Timo 18.07.2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paprika (Post 291922)
A meter? Where?

Maybe I should rephrase that. Looking at the change-log, it's the same meter, but it's more accurate.

marc 18.07.2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiScO (Post 291915)
With regards to the sync, again, unless the TI is selected in Logic, the playback is erratic. I know you are waiting for a fix for this though from Apple.

this is only for the analog outs, not for the USB outs. we discussed this like 4 years ago. i didn't say we are waiting for a fix from apple. i said, only logic can provide addition information to the plug-in which would resolve the problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiScO (Post 291915)
No 'sneezing', but still the same crash. Using EkoRoad HS on the first part in a newly created Logic project which is a simple 4 bar loop with one other instrument track containing Alchemy.

as for the patch which makes it crash, please send me an arrangement

best, marc

mitchiemasha 18.07.2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

If I bought a car and the engine stopped working every 5 minutes the problem would have been fixed months ago or I would have gotten a replacement car by now.
but if you bought a test car!!!

I've never had a problem with an actual release. Problem they have is rather than just fixing bugs, with each update comes improved ideas, sometimes new ideas. This then creates new bugs.

telson 18.07.2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonis (Post 291932)
Ridiculous.

First of all you have to learn how to update your machine cause you didn't
Secondary you have to know that this update called Beta Release

After that ask yourself mister WHO ARE RIDICULOUS

GOOD NIGHT

Sonis 18.07.2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchiemasha (Post 291941)
but if you bought a test car!!!

I've never had a problem with an actual release. Problem they have is rather than just fixing bugs, with each update comes improved ideas, sometimes new ideas. This then creates new bugs.

I've had the crash problem with every version of the ti firmware since I bought my ti2 desktop. It's not JUST the new beta releases.

Quote:

Originally Posted by telson (Post 291942)
First of all you have to learn how to update your machine cause you didn't
Secondary you have to know that this update called Beta Release

After that ask yourself mister WHO ARE RIDICULOUS

GOOD NIGHT

If you'd read my post you'd see that I said it updated fine using my laptop and promtly crashed 5 minutes later. It has nothing to do with it being a beta release, it's the exact same crash I've been getting since I bought my TI like I said already. I don't see how you don't understand this. Just because your unit is working fine doesn't mean everyone else's is. I also don't see why you're getting butthurt from me saying it's ridiculous that something I paid $2000 for doesn't work unless it's complete blind fanboyism which I wouldn't put past you.

Oh and I did a system restore to before the last windows update and got it to install on my desktop too so something went wonky when XP updated last time, and it still crashes so that had nothing to do with it. Nice try though.

zeno 18.07.2009 08:34 PM

Sonis, have you contacted support? Just curious.

Sonis 18.07.2009 08:40 PM

Yeah of course haha, they just tell me basic stuff that I've tried 1000x over just doing a hard reset by holding arp edit, and when that doesn't work they tell me that they're working on it.

Either that or the ticket sits unanswered for 2 weeks.

Kobayashi 18.07.2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonis (Post 291944)
I've had the crash problem with every version of the ti firmware since I bought my ti2 desktop. It's not JUST the new beta releases.

If you'd read my post you'd see that I said it updated fine using my laptop and promtly crashed 5 minutes later. It has nothing to do with it being a beta release, it's the exact same crash I've been getting since I bought my TI like I said already. I don't see how you don't understand this. Just because your unit is working fine doesn't mean everyone else's is. I also don't see why you're getting butthurt from me saying it's ridiculous that something I paid $2000 for doesn't work unless it's complete blind fanboyism which I wouldn't put past you.

Oh and I did a system restore to before the last windows update and got it to install on my desktop too so something went wonky when XP updated last time, and it still crashes so that had nothing to do with it. Nice try though.

I have never really understood what possesses people who use beta software, or early adopters to scream at the top of their lungs until their blue in the face when they have a problem. Does it make you feel better? I have seen guys like you at the Apple Genius Bar just yelling at the top of their lungs and I always just sort of laugh to myself.

"I paid "$XXXX.XX", blah blah blah!".

My man, there is nothing in my studio that makes sound that hasn't had some bugs... Computers, synths, even really old synths I have had some funny errors.

I have used Viruses since the very first Virus. The Access folks have always managed to sort things out at the end of the day, and are light-years more responsive than any other synth company who's products I have used. I am sure they are working on it as we speak. Have some patience, they will get it right. They always have.

And if you want to live a life without ever seeing a bug again... learn to play the Banjo.

K

Sonis 18.07.2009 09:27 PM

I bought the virus on Feb. 20th, 5 months is a bit past the "early adopter" point don't you think? :P

Has nothing to do with the fact that it's beta software like I've said already. I've had the problem since I bought the thing. How is it at all unrealistic to expect a show stopping bug like this to be fixed 5 months later?

Just to help illustrate the severity, it's not an occasion crash every 2-3 hours, that I could totally deal with. The thing crashed twice in the two minutes it took me to type this post, and the USB cable isn't even plu... three times... gged in right now.

EDIT: in fact let me find the battery charger for my video camera so you can see what I'm talking about, I'll get a video of the crash machine up in a few hours. Maybe you'll understand why I sound so angry then.

Chicago 18.07.2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonis (Post 291948)
I bought the virus on Feb. 20th, 5 months is a bit past the "early adopter" point don't you think? :P

Has nothing to do with the fact that it's beta software like I've said already. I've had the problem since I bought the thing. How is it at all unrealistic to expect a show stopping bug like this to be fixed 5 months later?

Just to help illustrate the severity, it's not an occasion crash every 2-3 hours, that I could totally deal with. The thing crashed twice in the two minutes it took me to type this post, and the USB cable isn't even plu... three times... gged in right now.

EDIT: in fact let me find the battery charger for my video camera so you can see what I'm talking about, I'll get a video of the crash machine up in a few hours. Maybe you'll understand why I sound so angry then.

When the machine crashes, what are you doing? You said USB is not connected, are you playing it? changing patches? or is it just idle and crashing?

Sonis 18.07.2009 11:24 PM

It's just sitting there idle crashing.

Video is uploading to youtube right now. Crashed 16 times in 10 minutes while sitting idle. Just left my camera on a tripod pointing at the virus while I made myself lunch and exported the first 10 minutes worth of video.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9KHVGVAnM4

goldenanalog 19.07.2009 02:14 AM

Sonis....

Sonis: Brand-new to this forum; I actually just joined so that I could post directly to you:

It really sounds like your TI2 is defective.

The only other thing that I can think of, is whatever you're using to load in the OS is possibly corrupting the OS data as it streams into the TI2.

I had an interesting experience with a Roland VS-2480 I picked up from GC a couple months back; I reloaded the OS to clear it out (don't initially trust used equipment purchases....especially since this one was so cheap!) several times using a 'reliable' dual-core laptop, and afterward, the VS kept rebooting and rebooting.

I contacted Roland to find out what I could do; they told me that they needed to see the machine for 100 buck minimum; they also hinted that they would reload the OS using an antiquated (but ultra-reliable) computer kept just for the purpose.

Anyway, I came up with a solution:

Since the OS was loaded via midi, I put the OS file into my Triton Extreme, and 'played' the file using the built-in sequencer.

Viola! The VS accepted the file, was restarted, and booted normally.....and has been working fine ever since!

HUGE lesson(s)!

1.) If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That may include chasing every OS update that comes along, and:

2.) There is most definitely a risk when doing an OS update; and in my VS-2480's case, it was my laptop-midi combo.

The fact that Roland support keeps an antiquated computer around just to GUARENTEE updates to VS machines that they see will be done successfully says volumes about the need to keep the OS update data stream pure to avoid the nightmare that your TI2 is causing you...I really hope that you get it staightened out, Sonis.

I got a TI1 and (2) Snows; I love mine, but I only update when the benefits truly out-weigh the risks....

Good luck, Sonis.

Sincerely,

goldenanalog

EDIT: Sonis, just to be clear: I'm hopeful that it's just a bad and/or incomplete OS loaded into your TI2, but my fear is that it is indeed 'broken.'

Please keep us informed, and (hopefully) marc & co make this right. I'd hate to be in your shoes...having something as extremely cool as a TI2, and not being able to even trust it for a minute (saw some of your video on youtube) RJH

Doc Jones 19.07.2009 06:06 AM

wow, yeah Sonis, something is definitely wrong there. That would drive me insane!

Celestry 19.07.2009 10:13 AM

Bitter! (>_<)

I'd be furious! It's stuffed, so send it back, no further debate!! (>_<)

telson 19.07.2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeno (Post 291945)
Sonis, have you contacted support? Just curious.

that's right. exactly
Sonis after bla bla bla do something useful
also nobody knows your software and hardware setup
and if they function rightly

Celestry 19.07.2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telson (Post 291963)
that's right. exactly
Sonis after bla bla bla do something useful
also nobody knows your software and hardware setup
and if they function rightly

I can't believe what i'm reading in this thread!! Telson, are YOU actually reading this thread?? You're being a cock to guy that has a machine that is screwed!! And your last post, quoted above, will hopefully be your last on this matter as you shamble away knowing you're trolling a guy for no reason, given the quote from Sonis below, of course, which was posted yesterday!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonis (Post 291946)
Yeah of course haha, they just tell me basic stuff that I've tried 1000x over just doing a hard reset by holding arp edit, and when that doesn't work they tell me that they're working on it.

Either that or the ticket sits unanswered for 2 weeks.