The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   News (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Winter NAMM 2013 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=33475)

Timo 24.01.2013 03:17 PM

Winter NAMM 2013

Access-Music will once again be attending the annual [Winter NAMM Show].

The trade exhibition, which showcases company products, runs from 24th-27th January
and will be hosted once again at the Anaheim Convention Centre in California, USA.

Access-Music can be found at their usual location of [Booth #6100 in Hall A].

namnibor 26.01.2013 07:11 PM

What did Access show-up with a NAMM 2013? I have searched HarmonCentral and HomeRecording as well as Sonic and SOS and there's no hits. Were they only there with a placard that said "O.S. 5.02 IS OUT FOR Ti Series"?
Has anyone thought or contemplated what NEW product Access could come out with OUTSIDE the parameters of the Virus-Lineage? Perhaps an interface using ALOT of bandwidth that would allow previous versions of the Virus to have Total Integration? NOPE....still in Virus lineage! Ha! Seriously, what's cooking in their labs and are they normally this quiet or is it still the unstable world economics? Both of my personalities are inquiring minds and would like to know! HA!
Robert

Timo 27.01.2013 01:30 PM

I can confirm that Access will not be announcing anything new for Virus this NAMM. This was kinda expected as OS v5 has only recently gone gold, and no additional teasers were visible on Access' site or Facebook.

namnibor 27.01.2013 02:40 PM

TIMO, since military made me miss alot of Access Virus history, and considering what we have been talking about in thread about new MS20 in directions we think Access should persue; what happened with what I have only seen posted for sale here and there on evilbay with hardware like "PowerKore" or "Core" and was it TC Electronics? Was that Access testing the waters prior to going Ti without help of another companies interface? Did that and perhaps another similar end-up getting hacked or simply dropped entirely by Access? Thanks in advance!

Timo 27.01.2013 02:55 PM

This isn't really a thread-related query, but Virus Powercore and Virus Indigo TDM were software plugins that ran on external DSP-based hardware (TC Electronics Powercore [firewire], and Digidesign's Pro-Tools [DSP PCI cards] respectively).

Just like the UAD plugins of today, that require UAD hardware DSP [firewire/PCIe] to run. It's a closed proprietary system, with little chance of being pirated like standalone 'native' plugins would.

The plugins weren't developed further than the Virus 'B' engine.

namnibor 27.01.2013 03:08 PM

Thanks and sorry to not keep thread germaine and will be more attentive to that hereon:-)