The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Studio equipment (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Wonder what Clavia is up to??? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=25138)

Merlot 04.02.2005 06:36 PM

Wonder what Clavia is up to???

Without any new products at NAMM, wonder what they have going on in their lab? I bet they are revamping the nord series to compete witht the TI like integrations. I also am thinking they are going to announce something at Messe in April. That is why Access is dead set on getting the TI's out before then.

Any thoughts?

AlexHall74 04.02.2005 07:27 PM

Hmmmm, A TI killer in the works over at the Clavia lab.

That would be interesting.

Again, I think that boards like this are specialized to a degree.

Each has their strengths and weaknesses.

Sound preference is subjective from user to user, musician to musician.

Sure technical specs are more objective to compare.

It's about sound, power, flexibility, price, integration with other components/systems, etc.

I'm enforcing a 1 year moratorium on gear acquisition so that I learn to use what I have really well.

I'm so damn afflicted with O.C.D. I would buy 1 of every synth (the good ones that is) if money allowed! :lol:

MADSTATION 04.02.2005 07:46 PM

As for me, it all comes down to ease of use.

TI seems to achieve that, so I preordered mine.

However, if another synth could complement the TI with the same ease of use, might be interresting :)

Merlot 04.02.2005 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexHall74
Hmmmm, A TI killer in the works over at the Clavia lab.

I never said that! They might have something to "compete" with the TI.

As far as gear acquisition goes. I am done once the TI comes out for awhile. I think having too many options can be limiting. I know that sounds wierd, but once you do, you will see what I mean. When that happens, you are always searching for the right preset instead of attempting to make the patch. Just babblin away. . . . . I'll stop now :P

blay 04.02.2005 10:53 PM

yeah id be real interested to know what clavia are up to.

just not sure if a revamp of the 3 series will be worthwhile - id be interested in a beefed up 3 with a firewire 800 port transmitting 16 channels simultaneously :wink: :roll:

Merlot 04.02.2005 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blay
yeah id be real interested to know what clavia are up to.

just not sure if a revamp of the 3 series will be worthwhile - id be interested in a beefed up 3 with a firewire 800 port transmitting 16 channels simultaneously :wink: :roll:

With built in fx too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Hollowcell 05.02.2005 12:17 AM

I'd be interetsed to know too actually. What ever they come out with, I'm sure it will be amazing.

Tomer=Trance 05.02.2005 07:22 AM

who cares as long as the prices on the modular g1 and g2 will drop (good for me!!) :)

i think clavia are going to anounce a modular based workstation with complete sampling engine,easy to use pysical modeling,large hd,advence g2 VA engine,builtin fx and tons of dsp power with some very inovating interface which will atract to even thos who are afrid of modulars.
price tag: 3799 euro on preorder :D

blay 09.02.2005 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
price tag: 3799 euro on preorder :D

very specific there tomer.
been on any school excursions to the clavia factory lately? :wink:

3o3 09.02.2005 01:14 PM

Quote:

very specific there tomer.
been on any school excursions to the clavia factory lately?
I could go by clavia's factory if i want to. Its located like 10 minutes ride away from where i live. And it's their HQ aswell acctually