The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Off topic (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Ah, so thats why you call yourself that! (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=26890)

Drammy 29.03.2006 06:28 AM

Ah, so thats why you call yourself that!

Right, most of us use nicknames on these forums.

I am keen to know why we have the nicknames we use. So why not explain all...

I'll go first. When I was a kid (15) me and my mates used to go into the next town and get arseholed in the church grounds and then try and get beers bought in pubs. This is the normal past-time for a 15 year-old (in fact they usually start about 12 nowadays) in England.

My mates would all drink vodka, rum, cider, beers, etc... I have always liked to be different so I drank my favourite tipple at the time, Drambuie.

My mates started calling my Drammy...

jasedee 29.03.2006 06:38 AM

Hmmm.....mine has no story really.

Jasedee = Jason Dirckze (or Jase D)

Onkel Dunkel 29.03.2006 07:03 AM

First a translation:
In danish "onkel" means "uncle" and "dunkel" means something like "sinister" or "dark". So "Onkel Dunkel" means something like "the sinister/dark uncle).

The reason:
My sister had a kid a little less than 2 years ago and therefore i was going to be an uncle. Now my nature is that when i know people really good i begin pretending that i?m a lot more evil and badass than i really am (for fun, hard to explain). I?m actually a really nice guy (one of those "soft men" you know :wink: ). So because i was going to be "the dark badass evil uncle" my wife called me onkel dunkel in fun because the real me couldn?t be further from it. But hey, it?s "nice" to pretend to be evil :twisted:

Hollowcell 29.03.2006 08:50 AM

I wanted a medical name for production originaly, but as most of them are long and elaborate I decided to create one based on that idea.

Basicly got the idea from an emty cell (as in human cells, not bateries).

It's stuck ever since.

Tomer=Trance 29.03.2006 11:29 AM

Tomer=Trance.

Tomer is my first name.
trance... hmmm there was a time i was an ibiza love puppy :D
to moderators:i would like to change my nick if possible

Tarekith 29.03.2006 11:33 AM

Just needed something original, no idea where it popped into my head.

I used to go by "rEalm", but there's so many variations on that out there already, that when it came time to make my new website, I was having major issues getting a nice simple site addy.

ten 29.03.2006 11:47 AM

t.e.n. are my initials.

ten

3o3 29.03.2006 01:30 PM

3o3 - just to piss of Juho when i registred on this board. (and, aye it's the truth) Hoho

Onkel Dunkel 29.03.2006 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarekith
I used to go by "rEalm"

Would that be the rEalm posting on the Emu XL-7 Yahoo group forum?

Khazul 29.03.2006 05:41 PM

It was an online gaming name I used years ago - kind of stuck (read - I was too lazy to come up with anything better :))