The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Trouble with your Access Virus? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   TROUBLE WITH VIRUS C (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=26312)

Clemens 13.12.2005 08:59 PM

TROUBLE WITH VIRUS C

Hy
I have a Virus C and use Cubase SL 3 Sequencer . Anyway the problem is that the Virus stops sending sound after running in cycle mode for a while . Mostly it stops when I have many short notes like 1/32 or lots of delay but it also stops otherwhise , it just takes a bit longer then . Also sometimes when I switch cubase of it keeps playing the sound and in the sequencer the tracks are not mutable .
Anyway I dont use any Volume controller messages and set midi control Lopage to sysex but it didnt help . Maybe a bug ?
Greetings kuchencle

Drammy 13.12.2005 09:43 PM

Welcome,

what sound card are you using?

Drammy

Clemens 13.12.2005 10:52 PM

m-audio firewire 410 !
thanx for your quick answer

Drammy 14.12.2005 06:07 AM

I suspect this is more to do with how you monitor you inputs, have I understood your questino correctly - are you unable to mute the virus coming input into the sequencer?

And when you turn the sequencer off - the virus keeps playing? Is that what you are saying.

What settings do you have set-up in the audio devices within Cubase?

Clemens 14.12.2005 10:33 AM

Well that I cant mute tracks in a project is just part of the problem , didnt happen very often . But it has nothing to do with the audio settings - when this happens that I cant mute a track the hole virus is freaking out - I wouldnt be able to modulate the sound anymore and I wouldnt be able to listen to other channels than the one thats not mutable .
But the main problem is that the virus just stops sending sound after a while . this mostly happens when I have many short notes or lots of delay - it s just over ; there is no more sound ; when connecting headphones to the virus there is no more sound - it sometimes comes back after a while , but when then only for a very short time .
So the thing is that the Virus would just stop sending sound - and it also occured that it went on playing after closing the sequencer probably cause there was no note of .
In general it seems somehow that the Virus is getting confused easily - by modulating a bit , two tracks ore more and then just stops playing. The sound comes back when restarting the Virus and Cubase - Sorry I cant explain this in other words . But in it s condition right now it s impossible to use it sensfully .
Greetings kuchencle

ben crosland 14.12.2005 11:14 AM

Re: TROUBLE WITH VIRUS C

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clemens
Hy
I have a Virus C and use Cubase SL 3 Sequencer . Anyway the problem is that the Virus stops sending sound after running in cycle mode for a while . Mostly it stops when I have many short notes like 1/32 or lots of delay but it also stops otherwhise , it just takes a bit longer then . Also sometimes when I switch cubase of it keeps playing the sound and in the sequencer the tracks are not mutable .
Anyway I dont use any Volume controller messages and set midi control Lopage to sysex but it didnt help . Maybe a bug ?
Greetings kuchencle

Well, for one thing, I'd avoid using sysex if you want your midi to behave properly.

It sounds like you're getting stuck notes - try pressing the Transpose buttons together to send a Panic message when this happens.

Stuck notes are certainly not a known bug in the latest Virus C OS - is it up to date?

Drammy 14.12.2005 03:03 PM

I am pretty certain this will be down to audio set-up - by this I mean the set-up of the audio card integrating with cubase.

I'd also agree with Ben - I'd set loPage to Controller and HiPage to PolyPres to avoid any sysex issues. Also ensure Cubase is filtering out any Sysex messages - they will just complicate things when trying to troubleshoot such issues.

Then if you could take a minute detailing how you have the audio (ie soundcard) set-up in devices, I/we might be able to help.

Clemens 14.12.2005 10:17 PM

Thank you for your help . Seems loke after updating the virus with the new os it s working . If it s troubiling again I ll have a look at the audio setup . Thank you for anyway !!
Greetings Clemens :D

Drammy 19.12.2005 08:08 PM

Glad to hear its working - welcome to the forum