The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   [Feature request/suggestion] New arpeggiator parameter (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=31245)

lapd02 08.07.2009 05:31 PM

[Feature request/suggestion] New arpeggiator parameter

I've just had an idea for the arpeggiator. First, I must admit, I am a fan of arpeggiators. I think they are most fun to *play* with. I like to sync a few synths and beat boxes together and than start something on 1, hit "hold", than start something on the second one, hit hold, then on the 3rd one, etc.

Keeping in mind that an arpeggio pattern is looping, I'd like to have a "pattern phase" parameter in the arpeggio section. It would allow one to specify which beat (or event) in the pattern to start with when the pattern is triggered. It would not alter the pattern length, only the starting point when triggered.

It could default to the value 1 (so it would not affect existing presets).

I think it can drastically alter the feel of a pattern if that long note is on the first beat, the first half beat, or the third beat for example.

Just an idea.

tranqui 08.07.2009 10:41 PM

nice idea, might be fun when playing live.

Cantankerous 09.07.2009 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lapd02 (Post 291637)
I've just had an idea for the arpeggiator. First, I must admit, I am a fan of arpeggiators. I think they are most fun to *play* with. I like to sync a few synths and beat boxes together and than start something on 1, hit "hold", than start something on the second one, hit hold, then on the 3rd one, etc.

Keeping in mind that an arpeggio pattern is looping, I'd like to have a "pattern phase" parameter in the arpeggio section. It would allow one to specify which beat (or event) in the pattern to start with when the pattern is triggered. It would not alter the pattern length, only the starting point when triggered.

It could default to the value 1 (so it would not affect existing presets).

I think it can drastically alter the feel of a pattern if that long note is on the first beat, the first half beat, or the third beat for example.

Just an idea.

Nice Idea! I am all for new things that add to creativity!

gjvti 09.07.2009 06:27 AM

Yes there is a great potential for improvements of virus arpeggiator. I also suggested recently to add some extra modes related to chords interpretation. also I think changes I suggested could easily be accommodated for modulation sequencing as well using virus arpeggiator (modulation values could be picked up form modulation matrix as mod seq1 mod seq2 etc.), visually that means one or two additional buttons in arp section of VC and few more options in drop down, but it is really a lots of programming and as I understand arpeggiator improvements is not in Access Music priority list yet.

Paprika 09.07.2009 07:35 PM

We need a Feature Request section, so good ideas wont be lost.

Prime NL 09.07.2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paprika (Post 291672)
We need a Feature Request section, so good ideas wont be lost.

Sounds like a great idea....:)