The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Sound designing (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Use only the reverb of a sound (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=32056)

NoLie6 14.03.2010 11:38 AM

Use only the reverb of a sound

Hi folks,

I want to use something special in a track, and I am not sure how to do it.

What I want is just to have the reverb of a played sound/note, not the sound/note itself. I think this is not possible with the amp envelope, cause it covers only the active sound/note time.
Up to now I think I would need post production of the created wav signal, where I cut or silence the period of the note.

Had someone else tried this?

jamie8286 14.03.2010 11:52 AM

Hi i dont think that would be possible straight out of the TI. If you record what parts you want into your DAW then open a reverb plugin that has a wet dry mix. Simply turn the dry amount down and you are left with a completely wet signal. If you want to play the reverb only part up and down the keys do the same as above but load your audio into a sampler track first.

cheers Jamie

Timo 14.03.2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoLie6 (Post 295838)
Hi folks,

I want to use something special in a track, and I am not sure how to do it.

What I want is just to have the reverb of a played sound/note, not the sound/note itself. I think this is not possible with the amp envelope, cause it covers only the active sound/note time.
Up to now I think I would need post production of the created wav signal, where I cut or silence the period of the note.

Had someone else tried this?

On the Virus?

Raise the Effects Send to maximum (127).

It will give you 100% reverb wetness with none of the dry signal.

NoLie6 14.03.2010 09:25 PM

Thanks Timo, that really works. I tested it with some (drum) patches that have a hard attack and gave them max reverb.

What is the definition for Reverb Send? I mean what is meant by 'Send'?

I found out that is exactly the same as Reverb Mix on the effects section. 'Mix' I interpret as mix of original sound and additional effects sound. If 'Mix' is minimum that we have the dry sound. And what I now learned is that at the maximum the base sound is eliminated. Thanks Timo.

jamie8286 14.03.2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timo (Post 295841)
On the Virus?

Raise the Effects Send to maximum (127).

It will give you 100% reverb wetness with none of the dry signal.

Ah so you can do it i didnt think you could. Is it actually a only reverb signal or just a swamped in reverb signal.

cheers jamie

PaPi 14.03.2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie8286 (Post 295846)
Ah so you can do it i didnt think you could. Is it actually a only reverb signal or just a swamped in reverb signal.

cheers jamie

And the difference is? :)

What I mean is that it's a VIRTUAL reverb, not a hardware one, therefore the point is moot.

jamie8286 14.03.2010 09:56 PM

Less high end and more of a distant signal like when you turn down the dry knob on space designer in logic giving only the reverbed signal i guess.;)

Psynetika 17.03.2010 02:37 PM

Some reverberation units have indipendent settings for dry signal and wet signal, so you can mix them separately. The mix control allows you to blend the sounds whit a single parameter. The same difference between volume sliders in a dj mixer and the crossfade.

And "send" means send :-) You simply send the signal to the inputs of the reverb, and with the "send" control you adjust the amount (in term of level I think) of the sent signal.