The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   OS 3.0.1.15 release and 3.0.2.01 beta is out (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=30976)

HUEY 11.05.2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous (Post 289970)
Just installed the new beta. Perhaps it was just me, but I had a driver installer loop that wouldn't end. After the driver was successfully installed it would ask if I had another device to install. I would select no as I always do, and it would scan and want to reinstall the driver again. After 3 times of this I manually force closed the installer in which I was told it was not successfully completed. In order to get the new firmware onto the Ti itself, I had manually do it from Virus Control Center. Everything seems to work despite all these loops I have never had to go through before. Anyone else successfully installed the new BETA without this issue?

Installation went fine here on WinXpsp3 (the beta version)

br

HUEY 11.05.2009 04:34 PM

I'm still able to let the virus crash in just a few seconds in Cubase SX3 on WinXPsp3 and Ti Desktop :( (and I'm not on 2.7.5.)

Make a simple loop of 4 full notes in Cubase on a miditrack with output Virus Ti
Switch some sounds in Virus Control during play and after that stop the sequencer (space bar or hit stop in the transport bar)
After a few switches and stops there is a loud IIIEEEEEEEP sound coming out of the virus followed by 2 distorted scratch sounds. The lights on the virus stop blinking and will go out after a few seconds. (display stays on).

Untill now the Virus boots itself up after a crash, but it's very annoying.

Anybody else ??

Br

fender2k1 11.05.2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUEY (Post 289979)
I'm still able to let the virus crash in just a few seconds in Cubase SX3 on WinXPsp3 and Ti Desktop :( (and I'm not on 2.7.5.)

Make a simple loop of 4 full notes in Cubase on a miditrack with output Virus Ti
Switch some sounds in Virus Control during play and after that stop the sequencer (space bar or hit stop in the transport bar)
After a few switches and stops there is a loud IIIEEEEEEEP sound coming out of the virus followed by 2 distorted scratch sounds. The lights on the virus stop blinking and will go out after a few seconds. (display stays on).

Anybody else ??

Br

Well I'm at work and can't test it, but i don't want to go home to the same problem again :(

telson 11.05.2009 05:43 PM

test ok
thanks access :cool:

DiScO 11.05.2009 06:31 PM

Tight as a drum in Logic 8.0.2! Arps trigger without the glitch type effect I was experiencing and the led's stay true to the metronome! This is all I have been after for a long time now!! The only things I seem to be experiencing are midi buffer overflows (as shown on the TI display) and loss of sync occasionally when changing patches whist the sequencer is running. As stated in the VC lower display though, stopping and restarting seems to clear it. Sometimes I get some nasty crackles when it's trying to sort it's self out, but this is the best I have ever known it, so I ain't complaining.

Cheers.

absynth 11.05.2009 06:43 PM

Really final?? waht about the Sidechaning in Cubase??

is it now supported or not?

marc 11.05.2009 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by absynth (Post 289983)
Really final?? waht about the Sidechaning in Cubase??

is it now supported or not?

no, it's not. and it won't unless steinberg gets some work done :(

marc

absynth 11.05.2009 07:19 PM

steinberg has to update cubase for the function? or what exactly do you mean?

if thats true probably they will only make an update for cubase 5 then

Chicago 12.05.2009 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUEY (Post 289979)

Anybody else ??

Br

Which version did you install - 3.0.1.15 or 3.0.2.01?

civan 12.05.2009 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marc (Post 289985)
no, it's not. and it won't unless steinberg gets some work done :(

marc

If Cubase 5 supports VST3 then why doesn't VC work with sidechaining? I thought VST is Steinberg's technology... :confused: