The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about music (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Next dance music sound (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=24557)

psynpose 22.07.2004 04:12 PM

Next dance music sound

Hi guys - any suggestions on what you think the next dance music will sound like? We've had trance, d n b, psytrance, garage, breakbeat etc. - Maybe psybreaktech-bass!

Pete

Hollowcell 23.07.2004 12:11 AM

I say it will be something I like to call Funkatronic-psykcore-breaktrance. :D

Tomer=Trance 23.07.2004 07:25 AM

there is techno mixed with psy trance
eatstatic for example
still waiting for their album to release :(

Juho L 23.07.2004 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
there is techno mixed with psy trance

I think this is already the past. Made me stop listening to psytrance (every track was boring minimal rubbish).

I'm still waiting for the horrid wave of disco-flavoured house/electronica.

jasedee 23.07.2004 11:41 AM

A blend of house/breaks......progressive breaks maybe?

jasedee 23.07.2004 11:43 AM

With some ragga vocals

Hollowcell 23.07.2004 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juho L

Already done. I knew 2 places at home that would play exactly that. And I know a DJ here who is into the same sort of stuff.

Let's face it everything has been done and there will be no more set genres any more - except Trance - that's here to stay.

Juho L 24.07.2004 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Let's face it everything has been done and there will be no more set genres any more

Yup. Genres just get recycled. Old things come up again and after a while they are forgotten again until they are found again. This continues to infinity.

Timo 24.07.2004 12:00 PM

I quite like the new sound of really sleazy underground electronica, like Goldfrapp.

hatembr 26.07.2004 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juho
I think this is already the past. Made me stop listening to psytrance (every track was boring minimal rubbish).

what will make me stop listening to psy trance now is the new full on style. It becomes boring when u listen to it a lot. Old melodic goa tunes are gone for ever, those were nice creations, unfortunatly, nowdays most of the psy artists are making fullon, tons of fx and usullay bare, no melodies and just a little heavy nord saw bass. Minimal.
Few days ago i listened to a full on compilation and only two tracks amazed me:
- The Prayer (Electric Universe) which had an old school feel and a very hypnotizing prayer in sanskrit (hindi)
- Life System (Astrix) which is one of my fav fullon artists because he still makes nice melodies in his tunes.

I really hope the old goa style will come up again, it is frustrating to have an idea in mind and you fell like a bareer that stops you in your creations, the feeling that you will be outdated...

anyway, beside psy trance, i think there is a general sickness, most tracks are remixes of old disco&funky tunes! people are out of ideas. That is weird, when thechnology has developed and new synthes and sonic possibilities have been offered to artists, they just use it to remix old hits and they become like ruminants.... recycle and recycle and recycle.

Anyway.... i hope this fashion will lead psy artists to come back to old school goa!!