The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   TI rumors on the net (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=26753)

diy 10.03.2006 08:28 PM

TI rumors on the net

As I was doing a TI googling I've found this discussion on a trance forum http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/s...034&forumid=48
If it's true, I'm really suspicious about the hardware functionality of my TI,but I think that the guy claiming that he works for access just wants to impress... What do you think ?[/url]

midislut 10.03.2006 09:40 PM

dont take einstein too serious dude :wink:

make music and stop reading shit 8)

diy 11.03.2006 02:56 AM

I'm still making music, but I can't find an excuse for the midi unstability and I'm trying to find an answer. I know, this guy is 99% jerk but in the 1% he is right ,then what am I supposed to think? I'm really tired having a virus which doesn't work essentially as it should. I dont expect anything but a stable workflow in my rig like I was used to before the TI arrival...

dr. orange 11.03.2006 04:45 AM

hmm, interresting, and I do believe einstein

mnj 11.03.2006 07:52 AM

I'm wondering if alot of these faulty hardware units were shipped by mistake..

Elektrobolt 12.03.2006 03:28 PM

This is absolutely not true.

I asked support of Access about this rumour and received this back:

"Thank you for your mail. There's no general hardware problem with the Virus TI series at all. I'm not sure where you heard this rumours, but especially on web forums there's sometimes a lot of talking.

If people have specific problems, then we need to know exactly what is going wrong since this could be related to wrong settings of their host sequencers, etc.

However there's no general hardware failure with the Virus TI series. This is definitely wrong. It can happen that one user got a bad unit, but this can happen to any hardware unit out there."

So there it is... from the source and not the rumour brigade.

FYI, I received the reply early SUNDAY morning, after sending my initial question on Saturday night! Now, THAT's service!

Many thank you's to Joerg Huettner for the excellent service (and information)!

mnj 12.03.2006 08:56 PM

I think they shipped tons of faulty ones and dont want to admit it until our warrentys run out :)

Watch, a year from now and were still all here bitching about how it doesnt work, and access will be saying just wait for the firmware update!! It will fix everything we swear! Then a year later theyll say oh its still broken? maybe updates wont fix it, too bad your warrenty ran out!

juno_nuno 12.03.2006 09:32 PM

that would be the worst thing to happen that i can remember...Still, i think that from April on,if things remain like this many people will loose temper..wich is going to cause big marketing problems to access and in the new TI life.

Right now im not in a mood for applauding access for the quick responses@customer service,im more interested in what is being said in those answers...basically nothing :?

They say hope is always the last to die,well,mine is pretty numb

ToneCre8 13.03.2006 02:49 PM

If the above should happen, Access would be in for one hell of a class action law suit. I'm sure they have no ill intentions with fixing the TI. Even if, as I've said before, it means a recall on a bunch of them!!

Elektrobolt 13.03.2006 07:23 PM

So what is the point of them (Access Music, that is) communicating with us users/customers if their word doesn't mean squat?

Stop spreading rumours, unless the are confirmed!

At this point, there HAS been word from Access Music saying that there are no problems with the hardware.

When it comes to software, they do have problems, they know it and they are working on it. Wait and see... if there are still problems, then give up and move on. Some of us do not have any intentions of giving it up, because of the Access Music Virus series software track record.

If you don't want to wait to see, then give up and switch to another device. Nobody would blaim you, and maybe you'll be happier. Who knows...