The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Trouble with your Access Virus? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Problem with internal battery of virus c (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=33225)

panmilios 21.03.2012 10:57 AM

Problem with internal battery of virus c

Hello to every infected happy persons.
I have a little problem. I recently changed the internal battery (CR2032) of my virus c and after then when i power on my synth a message appears:
''Illegal RAM!!! Low Battery??? '' and after ''Initialising Edit buffers''. Then every patch i have saved, it isn't there. Only the initial patches. I changed the battery twice in case of faulty battery but same problem. I also changed my dc adapter because the last one was dead.
I contacted access service and they replied me to check the specifications. I did and everything correct. They told me to send it to germany so i ask if anybody has an idea before i have it dispatched for service.
thanks and keep tripping with sounds:-P

temple 15.01.2015 10:21 PM

hi I got the same problem, but it happen approximately every 5th time when I start my access virus, have you fix it somehow?
thx.

Virus-User-Me 20.05.2019 09:23 AM

What ultimately was the problem?

orx65 24.05.2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panmilios (Post 301039)
I have a little problem. I recently changed the internal battery (CR2032) of my virus c and after then when i power on my synth a message appears:
''Illegal RAM!!! Low Battery??? '' and after ''Initialising Edit buffers''. Then every patch i have saved, it isn't there. Only the initial patches. I changed the battery twice in case of faulty battery but same problem. I also changed my dc adapter because the last one was dead.
I contacted access service and they replied me to check the specifications. I did and everything correct. They told me to send it to germany so i ask if anybody has an idea before i have it dispatched for service.

take a picture of the board where the battery is and post here.
Illegal ram is , illegal random access memory maybe there is some incorrect value in a resistor or a diode that controls the maintenance of the memory of the banks

seditionary 29.11.2020 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panmilios (Post 301039)

Quote:

Originally Posted by temple (Post 305343)
hi I got the same problem, but it happen approximately every 5th time when I start my access virus, have you fix it somehow?
thx.

Did you all ever figure out the problem?

I almost bought a Virus C today, but got that same message at boot up. We tried replacing the RAM battery in the shop, but to no avail -- still saw the message on start up.