The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Trouble with your Access Virus? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   problem (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=23871)

303lovesit 17.09.2003 12:26 AM

problem

Say my tempo on sx is 140bpm then when I set it on my virus to the same tmpo... well why when i flick through sounds it chages the tempo so I have to keep changeing it back to 145!

Anyone know a way so it always stays the same..

If you get ehat I mean

Hollowcell 17.09.2003 01:02 AM

do you mean the virus changes the tempo of SX? or SX changes the tempo of the virus?

as long as you have everything hooked correctly (midi wise)..u shouldnt have to change bpm in the virus...the virus will automaticly sync to incoming midi clock...when there is no incoming midi, the virus will use the tempo u set within the virus itself...

hope this helps ya a bit!

Drammy 17.09.2003 08:15 AM

Are you setting the tempo for each individual patch or globally?

You could do with globally syncing the tempo to SX.

303lovesit 21.09.2003 10:57 AM

NO i always leave my sx on 140 then when flicking through my sound it keeps changing my virus clock from 140 too another tempo like each diffrent patch has its own tempo sort of thing!!!

Not all the time but most of the time this happens!!

Anyone know what it could be???

Machinegunjoe 21.09.2003 11:00 AM

Maybe your just dumb..har har harr(Evil pirate laugh)

303lovesit 21.09.2003 11:14 AM

comeon on then smart ass!!

What you reckon it is! (laughs in an evil techno kinda way at this very inteligent pirate) :twisted:

Machinegunjoe 21.09.2003 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 303lovesit
comeon on then smart ass!!

What you reckon it is! (laughs in an evil techno kinda way at this very inteligent pirate) :twisted:

Well i guess it has something to do with the tempo...harr harr harr...actually i don't know...sounds strange

Hollowcell 22.09.2003 12:05 AM

not to take away this pirate moment for ya machinegun, but maybe the patches that sound as if the tempo changes, have appegiators or delays triggering on different notes...

for example maybe the patch u r on sounds ok, because the delay is set on 1/4 note, but the next patch may have delay set on 3/4 note...

just an idea :wink:

now back to your pirate emulation machinegun :lol:

Juho L 22.09.2003 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollowcell
maybe the patches that sound as if the tempo changes, have appegiators or delays triggering on different notes...

for example maybe the patch u r on sounds ok, because the delay is set on 1/4 note, but the next patch may have delay set on 3/4 note...

Didn't 303lovesid that he had to change the tempo? I can't be that note thing.

I think I'll know the solution. This will work if you don't have any tempo changes:
1. Control menu -> MIDI ClockRx page
2. Set it to disable.

Now Virus won't react to MIDI Clock at all and will use its internal MIDI Clock. Now you can set the global clock as you like and no programs can change it. (Remember to change global tempo, not patch tempo)