The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Os 4 Is Out ! (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=32008)

Totty 24.02.2010 02:39 PM

Os 4 Is Out !

And I'm at work:twisted: Arhhhh!!!!

Alakhai 24.02.2010 03:53 PM

oh yeah! downloading it....

edit: f**k! I'm running Vista on this crappy PC and I need SP1

sawtooth 24.02.2010 04:40 PM

the vowel filter is a lot of fun - so far my favorite part of os4. I haven't messed with the arp stuff yet. I like the new distortions, too. It's not anything I couldn't do with additional distortion plug-ins, but it's nice to have it on the virus.

///OSS 24.02.2010 05:52 PM

I love this update, the arp to matrix is just ba fukin nanas!!!! so much fun, Distortions are finally nice and juicy and more musical and fuzzy when the resonance hits it, not messy and sloppy like the originals. the Comb filter is SICK! just tripped the hell out. love the vowel filter as well very airy and creamy, speaker cab is a nice added detail to dial it in in the spectrum nicely.

all in all it's a great OS upgrade :D very very happy

HUEY 24.02.2010 06:11 PM

And the change log......

About TIOS 4.0.0 Public Beta
Resolved issues, refinements and new features:
• SE: Six new distortion mode all featuring modeled overdrive stomp boxes from the 70s
• SE: Speaker Cabinet emulation (an Analog Boost preset)
• SE: Comb Filter in FX section (Frequency Shifters)
• SE: Vowel Filter in FX section (Frequency Shifters)
• SE: Arpeggiator can send patter into modulation matrix and act as a multi step envelope
• VC: User arpeggiator pattern can be randomised and shifted
• HI: LFO clock divider values are sorted in a more musical fashion
• VC: Visually improved browser view
• IN: (Windows) Rollback issues have been solved
• IN: (Mac) Installer doesn
ʼt require reboot in many situations
• VC: Out of Sync error after browsing patches (fixed)
• HI: LFO clock divider can be automated in every host

Known issues:
• Graphic Performance under Windows 7 needs fine tuning.
Side chaining into audio instruments is currently not supported in Steinberg Cubase. The
VST3 version shouldn't be used in a productive environment.

Cheers

feedingear 24.02.2010 08:42 PM

AW I am stuck at uni all day!!! Can't wait to get home and download this beast.

TheHobbit 24.02.2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

Side chaining into audio instruments is currently not supported in Steinberg Cubase. The
VST3 version shouldn't be used in a productive environment.
Has anyone tried messing around with the VST3 in Cubase and what benefits if any are there....vst input per chance?

Thanks

Roby31 24.02.2010 10:53 PM

Not tried. In my case when it first came out TIOS 3.3.0.0 VST3 was less laggy on win 7 x64 than its VST2 counterpart (Sequencer: Presonus Studio One)

I love this os. The improved browser view sounds like a worthless detail but boy, does it look badass and very less tiring on your eyes. The VC seems less laggy as well (7 x64). The sounds are great and make make want to go programming more right now. Epic win.

emdebee 25.02.2010 12:38 AM

A few bugs here...

The Virus Control window does not look the same as that in the new manual addendum - the left hand side (the 16 patch slots) still looks like the previous version - not dark with the different layout

When recalling the new patches for OS4 - I have noticed that many of the recalled soft knob positions do not reflect the patch settings AND - the hardware soft knobs on my TI Keyboard do NOTHING now (with Virus Control)

+ I cannot change patches from my TI Keyboard whilst Virus Control is running either!

Otherwise - so far, so good

EDIT: Hmmm... back to v3.3.4.0 for me - BUGGER

Roby31 25.02.2010 02:01 AM

Just having a couple of visual bugs (no knob on vowel/comb filter and no label of new distortion knobs) - the left VC side looks like older versions.
But the sounds and feature all work for me.

Win 7 x64 - FL9 - VC VST2