The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Trouble with your Access Virus? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   BLUE SCREEN 1.08 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=26372)

The girl next door 23.12.2005 04:34 PM

BLUE SCREEN 1.08

Shit...i just got a blue screen while changing presets in the virus control saying BUGCODE USB DRIVER :roll: This is the first time ever for me :?: 1.08

The girl next door 25.12.2005 09:26 PM

Gone back to 1.07 :lol:

~+? 26.12.2005 02:02 PM

When you installed 108 did you uninstall 107 driver from add remove programs first? Was there a number code with the blue screen BUGCODE USB DRIVER error? Sounds like a problem with the USB driver, maybe old left over files or a currupt file in the driver. Uninstall and clean out the old driver files re download the 108 and try again. GL :wink:

The girl next door 26.12.2005 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~+?
When you installed 108 did you uninstall 107 driver from add remove programs first? Was there a number code with the blue screen BUGCODE USB DRIVER error? Sounds like a problem with the USB driver, maybe old left over files or a currupt file in the driver. Uninstall and clean out the old driver files re download the 108 and try again. GL :wink:

Yeah i did Uninstall 1.07 first...But there is still the issue of APR timing and patches going missing when 1.08 is installed :roll:
Number code !! Sorry :oops: didn't pay enough attention to that,we just wanted to get on with the song...

~+? 26.12.2005 02:15 PM

uninstall the Virus TI again and the USB driver. Re download 108. Then go in to Device Manager uninstall all the items under Universal Serial Bus controllers using the right mouse button on each highlighted item.
Immediately reboot. Windows XP will reinstall all your USB drivers. Then re install 108 , This should get rid of the blue screen i hope! Let us know how you get on? :wink:

The girl next door 26.12.2005 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~+?
uninstall the Virus TI again and the USB driver. Re download 108. Then go in to Device Manager uninstall all the items under Universal Serial Bus controllers using the right mouse button on each highlighted item.
Immediately reboot. Windows XP will reinstall all your USB drivers. Then re install 108 , This should get rid of the blue screen i hope! Let us know how you get on? :wink:

I think i'll wait till the next version comes out,cause two of my sayings are "Never touch a running system" and "Don't fix it if it ain't broke"

marc 02.01.2006 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The girl next door
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~+?

I think i'll wait till the next version comes out,cause two of my sayings are "Never touch a running system" and "Don't fix it if it ain't broke"

the driver hasn't changed from version 1.0.7 to 1.0.8 - it won't make a difference at all.

best, marc

solconnection 20.01.2006 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marc
the driver hasn't changed from version 1.0.7 to 1.0.8 - it won't make a difference at all.

best, marc

this makes sense as ive had the same bluescreen error on 1.07 (and earlier)..Its pretty infrequent though. 2 or 3 times in total maybe over the last few months.

It happened randomly (not even touching th TI...it was just running a loop that had already been going a minute or so then booom)

have a nice day
-Dan