The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   This topic has been hijacked by Meat Gazers! (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=25107)

Gopal 27.01.2005 07:31 PM

All I was asking for was to split that arpeggiator off from the software...Make it a stand-alone programme (soundiverish) so we can program our own arps on the screen and then dump them into the virus via midi. All the virus needs is a arp record function and I'm sure they could fit that into any of the older models.

No need to get carried away and expect them to include things like the Hypersaw into old models...this is one of the main selling points of the TI and one of the reasons alot of people will upgrade (among many others). Its not good business sense to take the appeal away from the TI.

Hollowcell 28.01.2005 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gopal
Its not good business sense to take the appeal away from the TI.

The Cs are discontinued and buying them from shops will be more and more difficult. It will help the resale of the Cs having new OSCs. Maybe people will think more about buying a TI if they can get a little more cash for the C. :wink:

Also, putting the Hypersaw in the C series may help the sales of the TI anyway, because the C's the voices will run out before we can get a usable sound. We hear the Hypersaw but need the power of the TI to really make it work.

So repeat after me...(chant like style)

No Vocoda, Hypersaw for the C.

Hey, a guy can dream can't he?

Juho L 28.01.2005 03:35 AM

I wish 70 polyphony, hypersaw, wavetables, multipart reverb & delay, modular synthesis and physical modelling on a Virus A. Is this going to happen? I think if the vocoder and LCD controller would be removed, it could happen. Please Access! Make a Virus A better than TI so we could get one really cheap!!!11!

Come on, blokes. If you really want TI features go get the TI and stop wishing for impossibilities.

Gopal 28.01.2005 03:45 AM

What Im wishing for isn't even difficult.

Everyone just seems to have jumped on this thread with impossibilities.

If you get back to the point I think you'll find it would be piss easy for Access to do something about the pathetically limited arpeggiator in all models before the TI

ten 28.01.2005 06:17 AM

How do you know its not difficult? Are you a programmer? If its so easy write one yourself.

The simple fact is its NOT going to happen (for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post and several others mostly todo with money) and thats that. I bet you havent even emailed access requesting it. Just a few posts on here hoping someone from access will see it go 'HOLY SHIT, QUICK LETS DO A PROGRAMABLE ARP FOR THE C, ITS SO EASY AND WE HAVE SO MUCH FREE TIME AT THE MOMENT, AND IT WILL MAKE THE PEOPLE WHO ALREADY PAID US MONEY FOR A SYNTH WHO DONT WANT TO PAY AGAIN SO HAPPY'

No offence intended mate but its REALLY quite simple and some of you are finding it hard to grasp....as Juho said, if you want any of the TI features, find the money like all of of us waiting for it have done and buy one.

ten

marc 28.01.2005 08:16 AM

Re: Programmable Arp for older Viruses?

Quote:

I wonder if Access could make that programmable arpeggiator a piece of standalone software that we could use to program arps for other models of virus and include in an OS update a Arp record function to then send the midi into the synth?

there is no memory in the virus c which would allow to store the arpeggiator patches.

best, marc

Gopal 28.01.2005 07:50 PM

Not Arpeggiator patches, just the midi data of the arpeggiator patterns.

Where does the Virus hold its arpeggiator patterns at the moment then if it doesn't have any memory?!?!?! That doesn't make any sense

marc 28.01.2005 07:56 PM

Quote:

Not Arpeggiator patches, just the midi data of the arpeggiator patterns.

Where does the Virus hold its arpeggiator patterns at the moment then if it doesn't have any memory?!?!?! That doesn't make any sense

i guess the midi data wouldn't help much without an arpeggiator that plays it. and as for the memory, don't forget that the arp patches in the C are in the ROM. In difference to the TI where they're stored with every single patch

- marc

Merlot 28.01.2005 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marc
In difference to the TI where they're stored with every single patch

Did not know that. Thats pretty fookin boss!

Gopal 28.01.2005 10:31 PM

Thats one thing I've always found annoying is that you can't select an arp pattern and then scroll through patches to find the sound that best fits the riff.

Maybe my way of thinking is different from other ppl.