The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Studio equipment (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Synth/Gear you most regret BUYING (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=23814)

Machinegunjoe 19.06.2003 10:29 PM

Synth/Gear you most regret BUYING

Novation Nova, sold it after 3 month. It lacks "brilliance" and just sounds....errrr cheap???

TommyS 19.06.2003 11:28 PM

Mc-505

Never use it anymore. Sequencer is ok. Synth engine sucks.

I was stupid to get one :?

If you feel the need to slap me for being so stupid, feel free :D

Blank 20.06.2003 12:23 AM

hey i like the nova...i get some awesome sounds out of it...dont like the MC505...and i had a MC303 for awhile ugh!! that is just terrible...unless you r a DJ and/or want to sound like millions of other ppl...

peace
Blank

udenjoe 20.06.2003 06:54 AM

I remember trying out to MC303 years ago. Didn't care for it. Sent it back for the Akai 20 something phrase sampler. Didn't care for it, although it has alot of potential now that I think back. I finally got the mpc 2000. Great. Although it took me a week to figure it out. Years later I was still learning new things.

That was the beginning of my electronic music experience.

Blank 20.06.2003 09:39 AM

how long ago was that? i starting my electronic music, in like 96 i think...

peace
Blank

crea 20.06.2003 12:21 PM

Hmm, not sure if really can be considered gear, but anyways....

ReBirth. Installed it, played 'round with it a bit and then what? It's been collecting dust on my shelf ever since.

.h?kan

Blank 20.06.2003 12:23 PM

now a dayz that is considered gear...since its all software anywayz(still think that line has some BS in it), why didnt u use it?

peace
Blank

Tomer=Trance 20.06.2003 02:17 PM

i wonder why some other soft synth maker company didnt buy the rebirth base from that reason company and use it to make an improved tb clone, its one of the best tb303 software clone out there

Blank 20.06.2003 02:24 PM

u know that is a damn good question...u see that copy thing everywhere from company to company but not with rebirth...maybe propellerheads didnt want to sell it..?

I dont know if they would have im sure there would be an awesome one right now!!

peace
Blank

Hollowcell 20.06.2003 04:37 PM

Re: Synth/Gear you most regret BUYING

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinegunjoe
Novation Nova, sold it after 3 month. It lacks "brilliance" and just sounds....errrr cheap???

i really like the nova...i worked with my friends nova in australia...before the new os, mmm, not quite there...but after the new os, i dont what they did to it, but it worked......ive been lookin for a cheap second hand one over here in japan.....

the most regretable synth i bought would have to be the JX305...basicly a MC505 with a few extra sounds and a keyboard.....i dont use the sounds at all now, but the keyboard i really like....good responsive after touch, and quite a good feel......so so sequencer too......good contoller! expensive controller!!! oh well..