The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   What Access Virus? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=32298)

GV1UK 14.07.2010 01:46 AM

What Access Virus?

Hey guys,

I am looking to purchase an Access Virus. Truth be told I have never used one, but I have seen them being used and heard a lot of hype about them.

I produce Dubstep. I purchased the Korg Radias to complement my set up but want to bring in a new addition to the family.

What virus would you recommend?

I was looking at the TI Snow originally but then I came across the other virus synths.

As I said I produce Dubstep, a lot of dirty gritty sounds similar to D&B. What would you recommend?

Narcissus 14.07.2010 06:12 AM

I would say : go as high as your wallet con bear, but in case you´re in a tight budget, don't hesitate to get the snow !!

GV1UK 14.07.2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narcissus (Post 297044)
I would say : go as high as your wallet con bear, but in case you´re in a tight budget, don't hesitate to get the snow !!

Thanks for the response. Money is no issue. I'm going to have a little research today.

GV1UK 14.07.2010 12:47 PM

Ok I really think I have fell in love with the TI2. I've been watching YouTube videos all day and reading reviews.

What's the difference with the whiteout version? Is it just a Limited Edition?

FSTZ 14.07.2010 05:49 PM

I replied to your post on DSF

I was going to recommend you join this forum as well, but I see you have already found it.

Congrats on your whiteout edition purchase

I would love to have one of them

GV1UK 14.07.2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSTZ (Post 297057)
I replied to your post on DSF

I was going to recommend you join this forum as well, but I see you have already found it.

Congrats on your whiteout edition purchase

I would love to have one of them

Cheers bud, I just noticed when I was checking for replies.

Unfortunately I spoke a little soon. The whiteout was all they had in the warehouse, but they made a mistake and they no longer have any in. So I've gone with a standard TI2. Going to take up to 2 weeks to arrive.

hvyen 15.07.2010 10:50 AM

@GV1UK
Congrats to your new synth. In my opinion the Virus is the best synth you can get. For 2 weeks I bought a Whiteout Keyboard. There is no difference between the Whiteout and the standard version.

FSTZ 15.07.2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GV1UK (Post 297058)
Cheers bud, I just noticed when I was checking for replies.

Unfortunately I spoke a little soon. The whiteout was all they had in the warehouse, but they made a mistake and they no longer have any in. So I've gone with a standard TI2. Going to take up to 2 weeks to arrive.

you'll be stoked when it arrives

:-)

GV1UK 11.08.2010 01:55 AM

Unfortunatly it did not arrive. I was told I would have to wait 2 MONTHS! The guy on the phone said they are hand made and are not mass produced and there is a delay on new orders.

I'm picking a TI2 Desktop up tomorrow for £800. I will hook it up to my Korg Radias keyboard and use it via that.

Fingers crossed all goes well and I pick up my baby. Really excited.

marc 11.08.2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GV1UK (Post 297265)
The guy on the phone said they are hand made and are not mass produced and there is a delay on new orders.

do you mind sharing who told you that?

thanks, marc