The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   News (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Winter NAMM 2010 - TI OS 4 Announced (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=31904)

tendo 15.01.2010 10:04 AM

Sounds dope!

Cantankerous 15.01.2010 12:36 PM

I am very excited about this. I was hoping for an additional generic envelope which could be used, but I guess that would be asking too much lol.

nutrinoland 19.01.2010 01:31 PM

mmm.....nice.....how much longer??

quite impatient......want itttt !!!

///OSS 19.01.2010 02:13 PM

whens it comiiiinggg ??? LMAO:D

billythekid 22.01.2010 09:31 AM

yeah all good, very nice........now where is it :D

shenme shenme 22.01.2010 10:45 AM

My apologies if this has been asked to death, but I have to wonder - with the arp-to-matrix feature, aren't we going to have more need than ever, for some more efficient arp interface from the keyboard? Ideally, the ability to edit arp patterns from the quick knobs, and the ability to save more than one per patch - though I can see how maybe this is limited by the hardware. Otherwise, the ability to simply see the pattern (or perhaps a pattern name?) in the synth lcd (smooshed, but possible) would be much appreciated. I pray this isn't the second time I get called out with RTFM on this forum, and believe me I'm very excited about the new announced features!

Subatomic 22.01.2010 11:02 AM

Its taking too long, I'm just gonna stick with the old OS now.

:-D

zeno 22.01.2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timo (Post 295085)
Yes, the step sequencing looks superb. Plenty of scope with that feature.

Trying to determine the stomp box originals. I'm not familiar with too many guitar pedals, but here are my current thoughts:

Mint = Ibanez Tube Screamer
Curry = MXR Distortion+?
Saffron = Boss DS-1/DS-2 Distortion
Onion = Arion SDI-1, or Boss Turbo OD-2?
Pepper = Pro Co Rat?
Chilli = Dunlop Fuzzface

Any ideas?

Mint should be great. I always use a little freeware VST plugin called Screamer (from SimulAnalog Guitar Suite) modelled on the same pedal which gives some great distinctive tone.

Hah, I was trying to do the same thing over here. Looks like our answers are pretty identical. Still not convinced on the onion though.

Timo 22.01.2010 02:06 PM

I originally thought the ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi would be Onion, but the Tone control and Sustain knob initially put me off.

However I've just learnt the original Big Muff tone control is actually a combination of a low + high pass filter and not just a standard tone control, which would fit. And the input/drive control on the TI could act as the Sustain.

So the Big Muff is my best guess for Onion. Ignore my earlier thoughts.

It's silver, but in warm incandescent light I guess it looks like an translucent onion skin. :) Don't know what those guys at Access were smoking when they thought all this up!

matthewglenbuckley 24.01.2010 03:38 PM

Crumbs! Don't you folks wish they would hurry up and release it! I've been checking every day!!