The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Trouble with your Access Virus? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   How durable is your Virus? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=23812)

DIGITAL SCREAMS 05.06.2003 11:38 AM

How durable is your Virus?

Loose knob caps/worn out buttons.......Not really a problem because machanical parts always work loose and wear out over time. All of my old analogues are stuck together with glue :oops: ! But just out of interest ....has anyone here had any problems with knob caps, buttons or noisy modwheels.

The knob cap on my Virus KC worked loose (and eventually came off after 2 days)......but this kind of thing doesnt bother me....we dont live in a perfect world :wink:

DS

unio mystica 06.06.2003 11:20 AM

The cutoff1/... knob of my just recently second-hand bought virus rack is irritatingly loose. But I don?t need any of the knobs now. I now control almost all of my eguipment with novation remote25 (and still of course use my RM1X which I will marry one day :wink: ). The knob is so loose that it doesn?t work almost at all. But I got it really (I mean really really) cheap :D . 500$ :D x1001

DIGITAL SCREAMS 06.06.2003 05:42 PM

RM1x.......some people think its crap...but I think its a pretty useful tool!

BTW I should be getting my replacement Virus sometime next week yeehaa.

DS

Blank 06.06.2003 08:00 PM

Its good to see you decided to send it back, because 2 days is just rediculous for something to wear off like that...now with unio's problem he has a second hand virus which most likely is passed warranty...which u should check out unio if its not u should send it back....

peace
Blank

hardmandez 22.06.2003 11:16 AM

Never had a problem with my current virus and I have been using it almost daily for 2 years now. All knobs and buttons seem to be like new. I love this thing to bits though so treat it very well.

I did have to send back my first virus. Had a weird chasis twist, you know push down one corner and the opposite corner raises of the table. DV were very good though and had picked up my problem Virus and sent me a new one within few days.

BTW how is the RM1x I was thinking of getting one for sequencing and the sounds sound OK too. How's track editing through that little screen.

udenjoe 24.06.2003 06:54 AM

It's really hard to get four points exactly right. I think it's the advantage of heavy equipment. The squishy pads find the level. My indigo doesn't seem to wobble. I would say "give it some twist" in the factory years ago. Then weld it down. I haven't had knob problems with anything yet. Even the ms2000 knobs that are like toy knobs havent busted. Although I think the ms2000 wobbles.

Blank 24.06.2003 07:20 AM

I havent had any real bad problems every once and awhile my knobs might twist a little different like it has no grip...and my ms2000 doesnt wobble, but i will say those knobs suc they r like toy knobs..!!

peace
Blank

Tomer=Trance 24.06.2003 07:24 AM

the knobes are realy sensitive i hate that
is it the same with your virus knobes guys?

Blank 24.06.2003 07:32 AM

the knobs on mine r not very sensitive but the knobs on my ms2000 r way too sensitive...most of the time i use sounddiver so i can to more precise editing...

peace
Blank

and what do u mean by sensitive just to make sure!!

Tomer=Trance 24.06.2003 08:16 AM

i move it very gently to the left and it jumps from 127 to 0
:\
its a nightmare to record automation :)
it takes me about 5 minuts till i get it right :?