The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Stuck Notes (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=26555)

nvisibl 04.02.2006 07:08 PM

Stuck Notes

Happens from time to time on the Ti here, (might not be a Ti issue :idea: ).
I have it setup via Midi cables, playing multimode.
Attached to PC via Midex 8.
Cubase SX3 on XP.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Khazul 04.02.2006 07:38 PM

I think its a TI issue - hopefully it will be resolved in 1.1 sometime in Feb.

nvisibl 05.02.2006 01:18 AM

Ok, cheers Khazul.
Doesn't happen that often thankfully.

The girl next door 05.02.2006 09:52 PM

I don't fucking believe it STUCK Notes :evil: on a very simple Apr (House Apr23 on our soundset to be exact) there was only one other part running i tried alsorts but it kept fucking up :twisted: ... I Deinstalled 1.09 and reinstalled 1.07 software and OS and now it plays the Apr perfectly :lol: .. 1.07 is for me By far the best Update

solconnection 07.02.2006 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The girl next door
1.07 is for me By far the best Update

likewise, we both use logic 5.5 on pc too...hmmm

have a nice day
-Dan

Doc Jones 07.02.2006 06:47 AM

yep, definitely get stuck notes occasionally - both in Live 5 and cubase sx 3.11

The girl next door 07.02.2006 05:01 PM

Quote:

I don't believe it STUCK Notes :evil: on a very simple Apr (House Apr23 on our soundset to be exact) there was only one other part running i tried alsorts but it kept fucking up :twisted: ... I Deinstalled 1.09 and reinstalled 1.07 software and OS and now it plays the Apr perfectly :lol: .. 1.07 is for me By far the best Update

Reply from Access to sent E-mail with the above

Quote:

Originally Posted by Access Music Support
Hello nick,
Thank you for your mail. We already got a huge amount of emails confirming the improvements we
introduced with OS 1.0.8 and 1.0.9, however Logic 5.5 PC is not beyond the supported sequencer
versions anymore, since 5.5 is missing a couple of features we need for the TI (so the supported
version of Logic starts with 7.1).
However in general it might help on a PC to switch of USB Legacy Support in the PCs BIOS and to
check the PCI latency settings of your system (attention! this has nothing to do with audio latency):

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Oct0...es/pcnotes.htm

I tried the settings in BIOS and guess what NO CHANGE :cry:
Except it Access!There are still alot of Logic 5.5.1 users around with the Ti (and Logic 5.5.1 users who are thinking about buying the Ti) who are not prepared to upgrade to a Mac just because you can't get some problems ironed out. we pay you guys!!!!

marc 07.02.2006 05:38 PM

Quote:

There are still alot of Logic 5.5.1 users around with the Ti (and Logic 5.5.1 users who are thinking about buying the Ti) who are not prepared to upgrade to a Mac just because you can't get some problems ironed out. we pay you guys!!!!

to say it again, hopefully for the last time: we don't support Logic 5.5.1 and we will not in the future. we cannot support a discontinued product which features a VST implemenation that has not been updated for the last three years. we also cannot claim to support a produce and then suddenly decide to not to.
things do change - apart from discontinued products. there is enough alternatives on the PC, you don't need to switch to a Mac.

marc

technomonster 07.02.2006 05:43 PM

totally agree with you GIRL NEXT DOOR,

i still havent got my TI BECAUSE i AM WAITING FOR THE ALL CLEAR.
i HOPE YOU can send me via e-mail 1.07 in the future if ACCESS get rid of it.

Also is there any chance of getting LOGIC 5.5.1 off you guys.
I bought LOGIC 5.3 adn have been getting the 5.5.1 update from the the old emagic.de site which unfortunately APPLE got rid of.

IS THAT POSSIBLE, as i can't find my disk with it on.

hope so and increadibly appreciated.
Logic 5.5.1 is the best sounding sequencer. and why i cannot leave it.

marc 07.02.2006 05:52 PM

i wonder if there is people besides Girlnextdoor who do prefer 1.07 over 1.08 or 1.09. ? there were so many significant improvements to pretty much all aspects including stuck notes and arpeggiator timing that we find it hard to believe that somebody would actually prefer 1.07.

in other words: if you discover stuck notes with 1.07, you shouldn't be surprised.

best, marc