The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Sound designing (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   psytrance kick's (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=26161)

mind_over_gravity 19.11.2005 08:28 AM

psytrance kick's

Im looking for good psytrance kick's
i have a lot of wav samples but nothing sound like the real thing
WHY ?? :cry:
PLEASE HELP
Thanks

~+? 20.11.2005 04:34 AM

What do you mean they dont sound like the real thing? 8O

Doc Jones 20.11.2005 06:14 AM

I'm not sure what a psytrance kick is either, but many times what I'll do if I need to make a sound fit in a song (ie a certain kick sound etc.) is combine two or three sounds together. I'll either cut or eq out the overlapping parts and shape the external edges of the sound (the eq boundaries) until I get the exact sound I am looking for. Then trigger that sound via your sampler of choice or import the sound file into your sequencer of choice.

Mind Bender 22.11.2005 05:40 PM

Yeah, It's always a challenge to get that killing Infected mushroom kick, but i think a lot of the magic depends on the mix. infected has the drum really up front and the rest of the arrengment are never overwhelming.

They posted a kick clinic somewhere on their website.

~+? 22.11.2005 07:08 PM

I.F.M use NEVE EQ and processing on the kicks!

wavesinspace 22.11.2005 07:35 PM

psytrance kick:

nord g2 is great for this.

also waldorf attack vst is pretty good.

u can also do decent ones on the virus.

I say the nord g2 is the best in the department as far as hardware is concerned.

also check out the forums at isratrance.com, there is a thread called "the mother of all psytrance kicks"

infected mushrooms site also has a tutorial if u use soundforge..
hope this helps... and when u get that slammin kick send me the .wav!

Tomer=Trance 22.11.2005 07:41 PM

Infected do have great mixing&engneering skills.

~+? 22.11.2005 08:21 PM

Will the Virus TI remote page have a control setup for the Nord Modular G2 RACK? That would be wicked 8)

SoundzplastikSurgeon 22.11.2005 08:30 PM

will it have a cup holder and vibrating/pulsating knobs to fight my carpal tunnel syndrome ? :lol:

Timo 22.11.2005 10:27 PM

I made a cracking kick drum one time using nothing more than an initially dry TR sample from a MC505(!). Post-processing was the key (using Wavelab, plugins, and an external compressor). Think I shaped it using an external single-band compressor, with multi-band-compression and also a subtle sprinkling of distortion using plugins. The multi-band compressor was used to radically manipulate the EQ in addition to the dynamics. A transient follower (Dominion) may also have been used at some point to alter the overall envelope and add "snap" to the start and fading out the tail.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundzplastikSurgeon
will it have a cup holder and vibrating/pulsating knobs to fight my carpal tunnel syndrome ? :lol:

hehe.

Off topic, but change your working habits and ergonomics. Carpal tunnel syndrome / RSI is pretty harmful, and eventually debilitating. Prevention is better than cure. Don't neglect/ignore the symptoms. 8O