The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   ReInfekted: Virus TI2 Desktop ...OS..Midi CC (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=34292)

Acidstorm 03.03.2017 12:06 AM

ReInfekted: Virus TI2 Desktop ...OS..Midi CC

Hi!
I›m on this Forum for Years but can›t remember i posted.......

After 5 years i will get my hands back on a Virus TI2 after i sold the Snow and Polar, this time finaly a Black Desktop :-D

I just wait for salery to come and will pick it up in Lucerne hopefully this weekend!
It is not in best shape visualy, has few scratches and not original box or Replacement knob thah came with.
Ok PSU and Manual are included and i get it for a very good price.....over 60% less than in shops now.

I already wired the cables and tested my Access acount, don›t know yet what OS is installed or whats the newest OS ???
I have a Mac OSX El Capitan with ProTools 12 which is a problem for the Software Suit but i can isntal a VST Version an run it in NI Maschine as a plugin but sure it will Crash. Anyway i will not give it to much time to run as i had the problems with sync and crashes on windows with Snow and Polar.
I then run it with straight Midi Cables without the plugin...TotalOuttegration...but stable and Synced.

As i am totaly into Midi Mapping my Controlers i was searching for that Virus TI2 Midi CC Chart.
Got here some pdf from 2009 but i think its for the TI1 series...not sure if it hase changed on the TI2 or if someone has it???

Will post Pics when it arives.... i have also a Virus A witch was my first real synth.
After all this years i finaly understand all the Synth basics....made the Audio Engineer School and visited Workshops,
just somehow nevere before understood what INIT was ;-D

Greetings S.

Berni 04.03.2017 10:33 PM

Yeah you are out of luck trying to run the TI in both pro tools & Maschine. No AAX plug in support for pro tools & the Mashine software is also not supported. I cant even get the vst to run in Maschine because it keeps reverting to the TI snow software which is obviously a bug. The AU version will run in it but sounds like crap.
The only DAW I'm having any success with is Ableton live but it's still a little glitchy in that.
I think most people will eventually stop using the software altogether and go the midi route due to the lack of support it is getting from access who seem to have pretty much disappeared off the face of the earth

Acidstorm 05.03.2017 08:50 AM

i know sadly....

Maschine itself crashes alot on Mac,
i have it on a Windows pc too, maybee it works there in standalone-vst,
anyway i will try both...it's because i need to update the OS i think.

yaa why the f are Access "Denied"......hello midi cables!

Getting the Virus next week.

Acidstorm 12.03.2017 12:55 PM

Yes Virus TI2 Back in Black!
the desktop fits so much better for me!

Cleaned, Registered and Connected...

only thing not ok is the Powersupply...somehow loose contacts:
the standyby somehow is off after a few hours and when i touch/move the psu it goes on again. hope to get a new psu easy.

OS is 5.0.3 (is that uptodate?)

i am at mapping...the CC's to my Midicontrolers now and wonder how i cold use the sysex one's???
as the desktop has many knobs i don't need to map, some are used in shift mode for other functions and needed to be mapped too....and the lfo1+2 and osc 1+2 because on the desktop i will need to select lfo3 osc3 thah i can't control with CC...

Greetings s.

Berni 13.03.2017 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acidstorm (Post 306505)
Yes Virus TI2 Back in Black!
the desktop fits so much better for me!

Cleaned, Registered and Connected...

only thing not ok is the Powersupply...somehow loose contacts:
the standyby somehow is off after a few hours and when i touch/move the psu it goes on again. hope to get a new psu easy.

OS is 5.0.3 (is that uptodate?)

i am at mapping...the CC's to my Midicontrolers now and wonder how i cold use the sysex one's???
as the desktop has many knobs i don't need to map, some are used in shift mode for other functions and needed to be mapped too....and the lfo1+2 and osc 1+2 because on the desktop i will need to select lfo3 osc3 thah i can't control with CC...

Greetings s.

I think 5.1.6 is the latest OS for the virus

Acidstorm 19.03.2017 05:09 PM

thanx!
Yes 5.1.6 is now in the Virus....but as readed no plugin in ProTools 12
(wasn't it a standalone plugin too in the past?)

got a new PSU and it works again stable!

I have now tested and programmed all the CC from 2 lists i got from the internet.... guess what? some CC aren't working but i also found some new ones not in the list.
So i made a new CC list :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...mY2UEhXZWxyQk0

After i mapped all the CC to my controllers...the Sound is so Massive in Seconds! Just WOW! WOW! all the time!
it's like colliding particles of sound in search of the god waveform :-D

Try this!=

What Really is fun is to have OSC Semi's and LFO Rate's on Faders!
..and if you make some Buttons with static Values for Semi like -12 -24....
it gets easy to make glide like melodys out of this world!

i'm so proud of finaly handling the Virus fast and Correct.
it was a long journey to learn that knowledge of what you have is more than just buying another shiny synth again.

Best Greetings to all Virus Maniacs!

Djeezebel 23.01.2018 08:43 AM

Helli Accidstorm, I’m also gonna buy a TI2 desktop. I can only acces the first page of your CC list.. can you send iT to me pls?
What’s your experience with Program Changes?
Grts,
DJEEZEBEL