The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Studio equipment (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   SH101s are cool :) (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=24850)

Gopal 25.11.2004 11:20 PM

SH101s are cool :)

Just looking at getting one and thought I'd ask for some opinions.

Is it just good for bass? I've heard it does great hoovers too.

Thoughts, opinions welcome :)

jasedee 26.11.2004 07:10 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............is this your idea of "Real Gear"?????

This is more of a toy than bloody Reason! It's a DJ toy, a groovebox type piece of junk. Sheesh!

:P

Blank 26.11.2004 07:21 AM

Dont listen to him...it actually sounds quite good...and for the price, not bad either...I dont know why he considers it a toy...its made up of all the same shit as the synths he uses...

peace
Blank

jasedee 26.11.2004 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blank
Dont listen to him...it actually sounds quite good...and for the price, not bad either...I dont know why he considers it a toy...its made up of all the same shit as the synths he uses...

peace
Blank

Maybe so, but in his other post he categorised Reason as a toy, says that you should just buy "Real gear", and then in the next breath thinks this SH101 is obviously in the category of "Real gear".....

Seriously? And, the synths I use is Virus, which is definately not comparable to SH101.....not even the same league!!!

Blank 26.11.2004 07:45 AM

LOL hahaha

I could not stop laughing at your post...i forgot about his on reason...but i dont like reason either!! Now as for a toy...that would be FL studio...and i use that...now lets stack the 2 here...one makes sound...hmmm....so does the other...one is used as a musical instrument...hmmm...so is the other...one has knobs...hmmm...oh shit the other has sliders...uh well guess they arent the same :wink: :lol: :lol:

peace
Blank

jasedee 26.11.2004 07:47 AM

Quote:

LOL hahaha

I could not stop laughing at your post...i forgot about his on reason...but i dont like reason either!! Now as for a toy...that would be FL studio...and i use that...now lets stack the 2 here...one makes sound...hmmm....so does the other...one is used as a musical instrument...hmmm...so is the other...one has knobs...hmmm...oh shit the other has sliders...uh well guess they arent the same :wink: :lol: :lol:

peace
Blank

I know what you mean.....I was just being bitchy :)

Blank 26.11.2004 07:51 AM

Trust me i completely understand...if you read some of my old posts with me a juho fighting...you would think im some overstressed women with menopause :twisted: :twisted: 8O :wink:

peace
Blank

jasedee 26.11.2004 07:53 AM

Quote:

Trust me i completely understand...if you read some of my old posts with me a juho fighting...you would think im some overstressed women with menopause

Heheheheee......It's all love in here!

blay 26.11.2004 08:34 AM

sorry jasedee but the sh101 is no toy.
if you can find one in decent nick that doesnt have a 70cycle hum, the 101 might only be a monosynth - not much to it but whats there is quality. a friend owned one which he bought from his school music department back in the day (for $50 cause noone knew how to use it).
he sold it last year for $850.
just cause its made by roland and looks like a cheap version of a 505 does not mean that its incapable of producing decent sound (esp. bass)
:)

hatembr 26.11.2004 09:27 AM

101 is a toy ??? 8O come on !! most of the old trance tracks we enjoyed listening to have some 101 bass and lead sounds, especially oldschool goa! Astral Projection, Juno Reactor and all similar big names used to work with that analog "toy" !