The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Sound designing (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   http://www.soundlabz.com [working] (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=25250)

hatembr 18.03.2005 07:13 AM

http://www.soundlabz.com [working]

hi everybody,

Few months ago i talked about a free and open source site i was making and where we could exchange our synth patches, and most of you liked the idea, so i did it! ;)
The site is now online and should work fine, but it still needs a beta testing period, and my beta testers will be you of course (if you don't mind :) )

So please, try to register, then you'll have to activate your account and you will be able to upload and download sounds! don't pay attention to the text and content, and test the functional part of the site. I also need to know how fast is the site, my host hasn't got a big bandwidth, but it should be ok for uploading or downloading midi files!

Waiting for your feed back my friends! ;)

:arrow: http://www.soundlabz.com

EDIT: just removed "beta testing"

Merlot 18.03.2005 07:40 AM

Registered, and will try to upload some patches before weekend is over. Nice look too. In the links section it should be www.vintagesynth.com (it reads www.vintagesynths.com) <--- doesnt work for me.

hatembr 18.03.2005 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merlot
Registered, and will try to upload some patches before weekend is over. Nice look too. In the links section it should be www.vintagesynth.com (it reads www.vintagesynths.com) <--- doesnt work for me.

thanks merlot
i fixed it!

AlexHall74 18.03.2005 10:55 AM

Cool idea Hatembr!

I just registered too.

Peace out, cat! 8)

hatembr 18.03.2005 11:16 AM

great, u'll receive an activation link!
i hope the database will grow tho ;)

Hollowcell 18.03.2005 01:39 PM

Yep, I'm on too Hatembr. :D

I'll have to get some patches up there for ya soon.

hatembr 18.03.2005 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollowcell
I'll have to get some patches up there for ya soon.

muchas gracias!!

BTW, i forgot to mention this, i am going to add a Vintage Section very soon! a guy from another forum asked me about it!
It will deal with non-midi synths, so you'll be able to upload patch specs, pics and knobs positions

hatembr 25.03.2005 10:05 AM

i've added a lot of synths in the list
it is also possible to upload patch sheets for vintage synths that don't have midi!

hatembr 03.05.2005 01:59 PM

what i was fearing has happened :roll:
people are signing up, downloading patches, but nobody's uploading to contribute to make the database grow except tomer :?

Smag 25.08.2005 11:21 AM

Hatembr,

I've uploaded four patches for the Microwave XT (steady on Smag, don't go overboard).

I've uploaded the same .LIB file twice so one might need removing. "4basses" is the same file as "trumpet trousers", I was getting trigger happy with the mouse.

Honestly, if you have an XT check out the patch "Stongbass", make sure your windows are taped up.

Cheers.

PS Many more on the way

techno_7 25.08.2005 11:35 AM

What kind of patches is to be on the site?
Cos i have a few virus, and alot of reason patches i made.

Smag 25.08.2005 11:54 AM

Have a look, there's a drop down list with loads of hardware and software models included.

techno_7 25.08.2005 12:19 PM

Nope, no reason synths in there. Then i only have virus patches to supply.

hatembr 25.08.2005 12:23 PM

yo

it's been an eternity nobody uploaded anything on the site, and neither me btw, i was even thinking of closing the site!

thx for doing so m8, iam going to change the graphics to make it look better, and add Reason to the available patch types

techno_7 25.08.2005 06:00 PM

Nice :) I think the graphics are swell though :D

Smag 25.08.2005 08:51 PM

Arggghhh,

I've tried to downlaod my XT patches but it doesn't work for some reason any idea what's happened Hatembr?

I've a sneaky feeling I've been able to upload the patch information that you fill out in the form but my firewall or yours may not have let me upload the actual .lib file. Could this be the case?

Hollowcell 25.08.2005 11:16 PM

Sorry Hatembr! I have been really slack/busy with the kid. I won't be near my gear for a while now either (trip), so it may be a while.

:cry:

hatembr 26.08.2005 09:17 AM

yep, it seems there is a problem on the site!
i have to check the problem, it's been a while i didn't look into the code, so i need some time to refresh my memory. I'll fix it asap!

HC: no problem! your kid is priority n?1 ;)

Smag 26.08.2005 10:09 AM

OK, in the meantime I'll get microwaving

hatembr 09.05.2006 09:26 PM

hi everybody,

i just come with news about SoundLabz.com!! the site have been online for a looooong time and was bugged ( :oops: ) but the problem was that i really had no time to re-develop everything and the design.

Anyway, a month ago i've decided to do it and YES it's now fixed! i've corrected bugs on the site and it is now working fine.

I hope everybody will contribute by uploading patches and make that FREE database bigger and bigger.

I need you feedback and suggestions to keep improving the website, so i really count on you!!

Feel free to ask me any question!!

PS: mp3/wma/aiff/wav files will be automatically removed ;) only midi/fxp/fxb/syx and other specific patch formats are allowed. Thanks for your understanding.

:wink:

Khazul 09.05.2006 09:36 PM

Mp3 files would be a very useful mechanism for providing patch lib demos.

hatembr 09.05.2006 10:25 PM

well yes but the idea is to have the original patch sound to see its params on the synth and tweak it, and that cannot be provided with mp3s ;)

HiEnergy 09.05.2006 11:47 PM

I'm missing 2 things in the soundlabz database:

1. the Roland JV and XP synths (e.g. JV-1080 or XP-50)
2. alternative patch submission formats (photo of the synth set to the patch or textual description of a patch). How would one submit a patch for a Minimoog or a Roland SH-101?

Thanks for this great web site.

hatembr 10.05.2006 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiEnergy
1. the Roland JV and XP synths (e.g. JV-1080 or XP-50)

Added !

Quote:

2. alternative patch submission formats (photo of the synth set to the patch or textual description of a patch). How would one submit a patch for a Minimoog or a Roland SH-101?

yess DS already asked me about this (quite normal, the Analog guy thinks Analog :p) , i've added a type called "Photo", so you can upload photos of the vintage synth params! Try it and let me know if it is okay ;)

Smag 25.05.2006 07:27 PM

Cheers fella, I'll get some MW XT patches on there in due course

damon_chambers 24.06.2008 11:37 PM

i cant say ill be of much use as i cant program to save my life, but i registered so i can mooch off all you guys. :D

hatembr 19.07.2008 01:25 PM

hey everyone,

i'm still alive, too much work is taking almost all of my time! a little sunny "hello" from tunisia to all of u!

i'm working on a newer version of soundlabz by the way, i'll put it online soon ;) better navigation, better design, possibility to add mp3z ...

glad to see many of you upgraded to the TI, hope u enjoying it (i still have my C btw, but it is eating dust ...)

c u soon my friends, bye ;)

Hollowcell 20.07.2008 05:09 AM

Hey Hatembr! Long time no see mate.

I have a couple of friends here in Japan from Tunisia, and they told me about the summer work schedule over there - those are work hours I could handle!

hatembr 21.07.2008 01:27 PM

hey hollowcell!

A long long time yeah! I am very busy at work :s
I also have a friend who moved to japan few months ago, his name is Khalil Ellouz, may be he's one of them :p

As far as that special summer schedule go, I am not sure but I think it has been imported with the french colonization at the beginning of the century, since they were not used to work in hot conditions. It is something special to tunisia, I don't know any hot countries that have the same system, but more and more companies are leaving that and having "normal" work schedule, since the air conditioner is now everywhere.
To say the truth they are cool work hours, since you have the time to have a little siesta, time to go to the beach, time to play music ... but if you have european customers, you and they will suffer.
That's why, with globalization, a lot of local companies are abandoning this work system, just like offshore companies who never followed it btw.

;)

wildthing 24.12.2008 12:21 PM

Great! Thanks!!!

Ascendant 10.05.2013 02:01 PM

You haven't got the most used soft synth in the world on there at the moment which is quite peculiar. Please add LennarDigital Sylenth1.

Great idea by the way and I will be uploading some patches/banks as soon as I can.

hans77 11.11.2013 12:25 AM

great work gracias hatembr...

Innovine 09.02.2015 04:57 PM

In the side menu, you've spelt 'atmospheres' incorrectly.