The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Erm - Anyone notice the Access website?! (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=31903)

Totty 14.01.2010 02:07 PM

Erm - Anyone notice the Access website?!

Go and have a look:D

Subatomic 14.01.2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Totty (Post 295078)
Go and have a look:D

OS4 :rolleyes:

I dreamt of this idea. Is this real?

Totty 14.01.2010 05:43 PM

Yesss looks good, although I was kinda hoping that the Vowel and Comb filters would be per note, not per patch as they seem to be effects.

I'm not going to complain though (as much as i like to!)

Subatomic 15.01.2010 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Totty (Post 295083)
Yesss looks good, although I was kinda hoping that the Vowel and Comb filters would be per note, not per patch as they seem to be effects.

I'm not going to complain though (as much as i like to!)

With the arp to matrix-function you will able to use it per note. ;)

Voom 16.01.2010 10:15 AM

I trust that they will offer some cool sonic possibilities, but the idea of speaker cabinet emulation seems a bit out of place for a synth. What is this, a Line 6 product?

enfield 16.01.2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voom (Post 295118)
I trust that they will offer some cool sonic possibilities, but the idea of speaker cabinet emulation seems a bit out of place for a synth. What is this, a Line 6 product?

...thought totally the same when I read the details. I hope this is the one and only guitarist-oriented update effect-wise...It's OK to compete even Line6 or to turn the Virus into an effect box since it has audio in and many many interesting delay types and nice reverb but I just need no ******* distortions :D Standalone VC would be nice too.

plaid_emu 16.01.2010 03:00 PM

A 3rd envelope would be very nice but I would also like to see a "program genetics" randomizing/morphing feature like the SoundTower editor for Evolver or Reaktor. I'm actually quite surprised they haven't at least implemented a patch randomize button in Virus Control. I'd rather endlessly click the mouse than wear out the physical buttons on the TI.

marc 16.01.2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voom (Post 295118)

haha, certainly not.
the speaker simulation helps greatly to merge the virus sound with the rest of the arrangement. similar techniques have been used for years by mix engineers who re-recorded their synth in the studio. try it, when OS4 is out and you will know what i mean.

marc

Timo 16.01.2010 05:05 PM

People often route synths into guitar stompboxes and amplifiers as a production technique. The Speaker Cab option is separate so you can choose not to incorporate it into patches if you don't wish to.

Hi Marc, is there a time-scale on OS 4?

Thanks, Timo

sawtooth 16.01.2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marc (Post 295124)
haha, certainly not.
the speaker simulation helps greatly to merge the virus sound with the rest of the arrangement. similar techniques have been used for years by mix engineers who re-recorded their synth in the studio. try it, when OS4 is out and you will know what i mean.

marc

+1 - I totally agree. I was excited to see it.