The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Indigo VS Indigo 2 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=23766)

spacecorn 20.05.2002 09:48 PM

Indigo VS Indigo 2

You know how it is...
You fall in love with the first one and then the other comes along.

The question is, is the grass greener on the other side?

They have shuffled the interface around and I have not tested it,
yet it seems less attractive visually.

What do you say?

Soren 21.05.2002 02:09 AM

The Indi 2 has aftertouch now :D :D :D

Is that important to U? Plus the EQ. Plus the Mod matrix improvements. Plus future upgrades. But you can get the Indigo 1 on Ebay now for like $1300 so it's $500 cheaper than the Indigo 2.

So to answer your question I'd have to say that if aftertouch is important than get the Indigo 2. If money is important get the Indigo 1. They both look great and have the same engine :D

Anonymous 21.05.2002 02:35 PM

If you got the money sure go for a Indigo2.

There is aftertouch and all the new functions in the new virus serie. Then they maybe wont do so much updates for old indigo.. Like what happend to virus A. They selling new product now then just do slighty updates for the old.

campkoala 29.05.2002 06:15 AM

I am going to pick up an Indigo (I have had my Virus A for about a year) and I am not sure whether to pick up the newer C version or to save some money and get and Older B... My main concern is that the focus on OS updates will shift to the C series.

Plus I like the new C layout....

Ben :?

Tomer=Trance 26.07.2002 06:31 PM

the c cost more then the b man....

the c cost more then the b man....
:roll:

Soren 26.07.2002 06:53 PM

Heh, like a LOT more too cause it's wicked cheap to get Indi 1's on Ebay and other used markets now... :?

unio mystica 27.08.2002 05:31 AM

Don?t forget that the B-series indigo has only 24-poly. Indigo2 has 32. It?s a monster :twisted: comparing to the old one. Ofcource if you have a lack of money, go to the B. (I would still buy the new one)

dvsbruchko 07.06.2004 11:40 PM

Does anyone know where i could find either an indigo 1 or 2? I've been searching everywhere but no one seems to have one for sale. I was bidding on ebay, but it went up to near $1000, so I think maybe I should hold off and just save a little more money for the kc. What do you guys think?

Tomer=Trance 08.06.2004 02:16 PM

i dont think its possible to find a virus indigo 1 for under 1k
virus Bs go on about 700-800 $

Timo 08.06.2004 11:27 PM

I picked up mine (Indigo v1) on Ebay (UK) for a measly ?410, to tide me over... ;) Couldn't believe my luck, mint too. Anyway, here's my experiences, in use:-

Aftertouch is a problem for me, but I use my Trinity (which has 61 notes, inc. channel-pressure/aftertouch) as a master keyboard to trigger it. I very much dislike the Virus' vertical pitch-bend and mod wheels too, so the Trinity also bridges that gap. Also the Trinity has a superior keybed. - Am not sure if it's the same with all Virus', but the keybed on the Indigo v1 feels very toy-like.
However, the Indigo's overall small-ness with its own little keyboard is great for portable sound-designing when playing away from the studio.

I tend to use the Virus mainly in standalone mode, as opposed to many sequenced multiple channels at any one time, so the 24-note polyphony is enough for me at this time, but if you wish to have loads of virus parts playing all at once then the 32-note poly of the C would obviously be more desirable.

However, the trade-off between cost and features made me buy the Indigo v1 on impulse, as the synthesis engine is essentially very similar other than it has more limitations than the v2 model (and minus features such as the Moog emulated filter, channel 3-band EQ, etc.). But as I say, I bought the v1 just to tide me over... ;) ;)

>>My main concern is that the focus on OS updates will shift to the C series.

I would imagine that might be so, or thereabouts. It's all about what you want to get out of the synth, and the money difference between the two to justify those differences. As it stands, the Indigo v2 commands around a ?400-500 difference to the Indigo v1 on the second-hand market. You have to weigh it up, while still thinking of any future demands you might have of the synth.

Best wishes

Timo