The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   How do y'all feel about Access as a company? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=26653)

dix 20.02.2006 06:43 PM

How do y'all feel about Access as a company?

Hello.

I'm considering buying a Virus TI. I'm wondering what the overall feelings of current TI users is about Access as a company. Clearly there are still some issues to be worked out w the TI plugin integration. My question is: is do you (users) think Access up to the challenge?

Hardware is much more of a commitment than software and I don't want to get involved w yet another uncommunicative unresponsive hardware company (ua and motu are more than i can take!). As a Virus B user I always found the rate of their updates more than I needed (a good thing), but the innovative TI concept is a big undertaking.

dr. orange 20.02.2006 06:57 PM

hi dix,
I am very very disappointed about access as a company, especially their support is disappointing. even roland has a better support in my opinion. they don't answer for a long time, sometimes, they don't anwer at all. you don't get any information, and if they tell you dates, you have to add one or two months...

my advice: don't go for it unless you absolutely want a virus ti and nothing else... or if you are happy with your virus b and don't need the wavetables, stay where you are

dix 20.02.2006 07:15 PM

Thanks doc. While it sounds great, my B is collecting dust. I find I no longer have the patients for hardware synths. I'm interested in the TI for it's plugin capability.

Thanks for the input!

dr. orange 20.02.2006 07:37 PM

If you want the virus ti for the ti bit, I have to disappoint you. there are many users having problems with it, for example hanging notes, "drunk" arps and no accurate timing. there are many users here in this forum and in the mailing list using the virus as an ordinary hardware synths, so with MIDI and audio cables.

There are some synthesizers introduced by Roland with a total integration. The virus TI only supports 16 bit audio via USB, so if you do post processing etc. that IS not enough. I don't know whether Roland supports 16 bits as well though...

dix 20.02.2006 07:42 PM

What Roland plugin are you referring to?

dr. orange 20.02.2006 07:44 PM

a roland jp8080 remake and another roland

and hasn't the korg radias a total integration as well?

Timo 20.02.2006 08:11 PM

Everything with Access seemed absolutely great until the great TI debacle. - Whereupon there was nothing but stoney silence for the whole duration of the unreleased TI. Which, imho, stunk like a prehistoric rodent's arse.

Access had a loyal fanbase who wouldn't've minded any length of delays if only Access had been just a touch more communicative and honest with them.

I don't think relations with Access have recovered since then. Certainly in my eyes I don't see them as the same company I knew pre-TI.

I wouldn't say blas?, just stone cold. Not the auxiliaries (ie. people like BenC, he's always diplomatic and helpful despite occasionally being stuck between a rock and a hard place in being auxiliary to the company), but head office.

Hopefully the handling of any TI v2 will restore my faith.

My two cents.

jasedee 20.02.2006 08:56 PM

Access are a small company, with a huge synth... I think they are doing the best they can.

Saying that, I wouldnt go buying a TI just yet. I would hold off for half a year or so, or maybe longer to see if the price will drop. In any case, I am still enjoying my Virus C too much to part with it.

dix 20.02.2006 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr. orange
a roland jp8080 remake and another roland

and hasn't the korg radias a total integration as well?

Maybe I should have specified I'm on a Mac. I can't any info on a plugin version of either of those.

Hollowcell 20.02.2006 11:07 PM

Dr Orange is talking about the SH201. Hardware with VST intergration.