The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Sound designing (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   pitch envelope modulation through matrix (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=31821)

nutrinoland 13.12.2009 11:26 AM

pitch envelope modulation through matrix

hi...

when i set it so the pitch of an oscillator is modulated by the filter envelope,through one of the slots in the matrix section, does the filter envelope continue to simultaneously function as a filter envelope too ??
how do i de-link these two functions ?
can i have the pitch modulated differently than the cutoff... ?

are there only 2 envelope (generators)...?

thanks

Timo 13.12.2009 12:12 PM

Hi there :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutrinoland (Post 294678)
when i set it so the pitch of an oscillator is modulated by the filter envelope,through one of the slots in the matrix section, does the filter envelope continue to simultaneously function as a filter envelope too ??

Yes.

Quote:

You can't, for that particular parameter. However you can modulate the pitch using other ways.

Quote:

can i have the pitch modulated differently than the cutoff... ?
Yes, using the modulation matrix you can use the Amp EG, Filter EG, or the three LFOs to modulate oscillator pitch(es). Or you can use MIDI CCs or mod wheel, pitchbend, the assignable knobs, ad infinitum.

Remember you can put the LFOs into one-shot mode to act as basic EGs as it were.

Quote:

are there only 2 envelope (generators)...?
Unfortunately, yes. It's not ideal, is it.

But the LFO one-shot modes are always very useful. There are 3 LFOs available.

nutrinoland 13.12.2009 01:26 PM

Thanks Timo....:)

synthsonix 13.12.2009 11:04 PM

Yeh, great answer, and also, if you use the LFOs under the one-shot function and selecting the different waveforms and different speeds, the LFO can behave even more like an Envelope...

Matariki 14.12.2009 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutrinoland (Post 294678)
hi...

[snip]
[snip]

You can set the Env Amount to 0. That way the filter will not be influenced by the envelope

nutrinoland 14.12.2009 12:50 PM

env amount to zero....then that disables the filter envelope acting on the cutoff....so it becomes an EG for pitch alone....

i'll try the LFO one shot technique....that way i have three EG's...one for amp one for filter and one for pitch (or other parameters)

hopefully more EG's will be added in future updates...

thanks guys....

synthsonix 16.12.2009 05:26 PM

More EGs would be great, and more EG functions such as looping them and reverese looping as well...

Cantankerous 16.12.2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by synthsonix (Post 294725)
More EGs would be great, and more EG functions such as looping them and reverese looping as well...

ping pong loop!