The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   How are your TI's running now guys? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=26139)

MonkeyMan 15.11.2005 07:07 PM

How are your TI's running now guys?

Picking up my Virus Ti, Apple G5 Dual-core running Logic 7 next week guys...

Just wondering how well everyones Ti's are behaving with the new software updates? (particularly those running a similar system as mine)

cheers.

midislut 15.11.2005 07:35 PM

i am very happy !!

no problems whatsoever 8)

~+? 15.11.2005 07:41 PM

What sequencer are you using with the TI BTW?

MADSTATION 15.11.2005 07:43 PM

Working great for me using Cubase SX3.1.1.

A few minor issues but nothing that prevents me from working :)
And all these issues are known bugs from Access so they'll be fixed soon.

midislut 15.11.2005 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~+?
What sequencer are you using with the TI BTW?

read the 3rd line of my signiture :roll:

nvisibl 15.11.2005 08:38 PM

Like loud as fuck shit of a dirty bastarding shovel 8)

:lol:

MonkeyMan 15.11.2005 09:24 PM

Nvisibl. Thank you. That has cleared that one right up.

index 15.11.2005 09:31 PM

Its working like crap for me.

I get lots of hanged notes, with Vcontrol in Cubase SX3.
And the overall midi performance is just amazingly bad.
Half of the parts generates clicks & pops in certain patches.
Sometimes it just locks in Sequenser mode - every patch and part sounds like init even though i change patch... When i press power off and the virus goes to sleepmode the LFO leds continue to sweep back and forth.

Since there is no word or indication from Access that there should be any problem with hanged notes for Vcontrol for instance - im kind of loosing hope.

And i have just discovered that my TI is actually a 14-voice edition - 80 voices it not true for me.

I have a Cubase SX3 project that uses at most 14 voices at the same time of the Virus TI, if you umute parts one at a time you will notice that when you have unmuted the last two parts - the bassdrum (wich is part 3) dissapears.

Meaning that the bassdrum voices gets stealed by the pads & the leads.
Meaning that in no way in hell do this synth has 80 voices.

Its very near getting sent back because this was not at all what i payed for.

I am amazed when people say they have no problem at all! That is not at all my reality.

I am going to do a complete reinstall of windows and only install drivers and after that Cubase to make sure that there is nothing else that may be causing this. If it still is just usable in Single Mode i will swap it for something else.

Khazul 15.11.2005 10:39 PM

USB audio - a bit glitchy

MIDI sync - seems much improved, still not perfect though

Keyboard - MIDI control of other synths is problematic - it seems to foget to send note off messages quite alot - shame - the TI keyboard is rather nice, but find I have to use my v-synth keyboard mostly (which is also a nice board, but not as good for expressive piano parts).

Hardware still seems to crash alot.

Virus control seems to have hugely improved its sync.

No Remote mode - please let have some level of remote support - even without templates etc

Doesnt send anything out via midi when USB connected and virus controll is active - making it useless as a hardware synth controller while Im running cubase - I have to yank the USB lead - I wish there was a stop gap remote mode to fix this. Also I like to layer the TI sounds with other synths - without MIDI out - not possible if also using virus control.

Seems *FAR* less accurate with arps via midi and analogue audio then any other synth I have. I only seems to get arps to work properly when using USB audio, otherwise they seem to lag behind subtley - enough to make the mix sound messy rather than cleanly in sync as when using USB audio. I use arps on my v-synth and motif-es alot via regulat MIDI (as opposed to USB MIDI) and have no such issues with them.

Even with also the above - still love this contraption, love the sound of it and love tweaking it - but I think its a Virus PI (partial integration) not a TI.

grs 15.11.2005 11:07 PM

I get varied results but one thing is for sure, the more notes playing at once the more change for bad stuff and definitely when using Virus Control.

I wish Access would implement a USB audio communication ON / OFF button so us Virus Control - 'Analog out' dudes could rock hard.

On the polyphony thing, the lack of polyphony is related to the Virus Control plug-in. I think that there are a lot of suck silent notes, voices that haven't been freed up.