The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Sound designing (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Any Virus C users here who can do this? (rumour is a TI can't do this...) (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=33768)

erol 29.01.2014 06:02 PM

Any Virus C users here who can do this? (rumour is a TI can't do this...)

bla bla bla

Once again I noticed how helpfull most members are here.
I have edited the original post just to stop the flaming.
I'm outta here.
Thanks

Timo 29.01.2014 08:13 PM

1) None of the vids showed the steps (parameters) to get the sounds.

2) There are no controlled processes and environments.

3) Obviously a camcorder microphone in the room recording the speakers is going to sound vastly different to a dry input.

Therefore any comparisons would be null and void.

erol 29.01.2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timo (Post 304271)
1) None of the vids showed the steps (parameters) to get the sounds.

2) There are no controlled environments and processes.

3) Obviously a camcorder microphone in the room recording the speakers is going to sound different to a dry input.

Therefore any comparisons would be null and void.

But do you think it's true and can you do it?

Timo 29.01.2014 08:34 PM

I'm unsure if it's true as I don't have either.

If I had a TI, I'd test it alongside my Indigo (B-series), unfortunately I don't have a TI.

You would also have to use a huge wealth of controlled conditions to compare the two. It's not as easy as just loading a patch into both synths, playing a MIDI routine and recording the output.

I hear a lot of TI users say that the analog-outputs sound considerably better than piping the audio over USB. This would figure seeing as the TI's D/As are 192KHz 24-bit, rather than the 44.1KHz 16-bit limitation of audio being piped through USB.

I believe any audible differences will likely be the different D/A converters, volume discrepancies (seeing as the TI has balanced outputs, while the C doesn't), and analogue outputs vs. USB.

I don't think the sound engine itself will have changed. Providing you strictly use only features that are available on the C when comparing.

erol 30.01.2014 03:36 PM

maybe some other users can help me out here?

hard o logic 30.01.2014 05:40 PM

He Erol, i made this sometime ago using that youtube clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNHFC...ature=youtu.be

Grtz

erol 30.01.2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hard o logic (Post 304276)
He Erol, i made this sometime ago using that youtube clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNHFC...ature=youtu.be

Grtz

nice job. :)

TweakHead 30.01.2014 08:20 PM

@erol

Have you bought the Virus to use it as a rom player? Just patch browing? And, likewise, do you use the foruns only to ask someone else do to the sound design for you?

And how's that working out for you? Spending 2k on an instrument you're unwilling to learn, spending time on foruns full of tips and continuously asking other users to send you patches.

To the point someone has to say this to you: focus on learning the instrument and if you really want to do something with music, no pack of samples, no preset bank, no magic dust is going to lead you there, it's up to you and you alone. So... Do yourself a favour and start tweaking those knobs.

erol 30.01.2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TweakHead (Post 304278)
@erol

Have you bought the Virus to use it as a rom player? Just patch browing?

Yes I did. The virus only plays samples right? There are no oscillators here.

Quote:

And, likewise, do you use the foruns only to ask someone else do to the sound design for you?

Yes I do. If you look up the word forum in the dictionary, it says "place to ask someone else to do your sound design.

Quote:

And how's that working out for you? Spending 2k on an instrument you're unwilling to learn, spending time on foruns full of tips and continuously asking other users to send you patches.

It's working fine actually. Got to much money to spend and to much time to browse the Internet.

Quote:

To the point someone has to say this to you: focus on learning the instrument and if you really want to do something with music, no pack of samples, no preset bank, no magic dust is going to lead you there, it's up to you and you alone. So... Do yourself a favour and start tweaking those knobs.

I can't. I'm stupid and lazy. Sorry. If I grow up I want to be just like you..

You're totally missing the point here.
I'm not asking for patches here. Only if member only own a Virus C and not a TI.
I'm really curious if the rumors are true about the difference in sound when you load the same patch in both synths. MP3 will do too.

TweakHead 30.01.2014 09:31 PM

You can say whatever you want. A quick search reveals otherwise. Not only on this forum, btw. Need an example? Here you go:

"Thank you for all replies.
Could someone try to remake some of these sounds please?
MBTC maybe?"

"Hi IamEvil, could you please load my patch or make one for me? i hope its not to much to ask...
I would be very thankful! I would like to compare my patch and yours to understand what you did.
Thanks..."

(do you need more?)

You're constantly doing this. So, I'm not missing any point here sir. It's just an obvious conclusion due to your behaviour, not mine.

Agree on the stupid and lazy part though! :twisted: