The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Studio equipment (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   The worst GAS in ages (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=23990)

Juho L 06.11.2003 11:25 AM

The worst GAS in ages

It struck like a lightning from clear sky: The horrible GAS*!

Maybe I'm selling my Virus and buying Waldorf uQ, XT and a controller keyboard for a replacement. I'd have to sacriface the easy user interface, but I'd get much better and unique sounds. Tough decision. I WANT NEW GEAR! ARRRGGH!

*) Gear Acquiring Syndrome

Hollowcell 06.11.2003 11:52 AM

dont sell up juho!!

build on your pallet of sounds, dont replace your existing ones!

get the money from some where else IMO...

Juho L 06.11.2003 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollowcell
dont sell up juho!!

build on your pallet of sounds, dont replace your existing ones!

I don't see no reasons why not to sell my kB. The uQ can do mostly the same job as my Virus does and the uQ also offers some additional functions that Virus can't offer. With XT I could make really nice pads. So by replacing my kB with uQ and XT I'll just expand my sound palette.

Quote:

get the money from some where else IMO...
I can't get money from somewhere else. I'm a student.

Juho L 06.11.2003 04:38 PM

The GAS gets worse. Maybe getting a Q-rack and XT? Hmm...

Q and XT would be much better synths for my need because they can create much better pads and some special sounds due wavetables and other fancy things.

saba 07.11.2003 03:46 AM

Be warned! The XT series still has a lot of bugs, and the ?Q still has a few, and Waldorf aren't doing anything to address them.
________
Marijuana vaporizers

Hollowcell 07.11.2003 05:13 AM

on the subject of "GAS". i may be going thru a spot of it myself.

maybe u guys could talk me out of it, or into it!

ive noticed a keyboard going cheap here in japan. ive seen a korg ms2000 for a little cheaper than a micro korg. the price is around $275 (us) or $440 (ausi). the micro still is around $325 (us) or 520 (ausi) here.

is it worth me picking an ms2000 up for an extra sound source?

opinions are welcome.

udenjoe 07.11.2003 06:22 AM

I have been relieving my gas by buying some mono jacks and fixing and making more cables. A little soldering may ease the gas.

I'd say get one Hollowcell. Try to find a rack version since you have a keyboard. There are plenty for sale here too. They are dirt cheap now. The microkorg doesn't have the analog type sequencer or the easy interface. I have to say it took me a while to get something new out of this thing. It is great along side the virus.

I want to mount it on top of my Indigo like the Akai mfc 42 on an mpc.

Hollowcell 07.11.2003 06:43 AM

yeh i thought about the rack version. i may just look into picking one up i think.

Juho L 07.11.2003 11:04 AM

My GAS News: Got an offer to change my kB with Nord Modular. Now I'll just have to fight me a good cash payment. Modular and 500,- sounds good.

Tomer=Trance 07.11.2003 12:04 PM

great deal