The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Trouble with your Access Virus? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   access virus C vocoder doesn't work (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=25077)

joez 21.01.2005 04:47 PM

access virus C vocoder doesn't work

access virus C vocoder doesn't work
I also work with a microkorg vocoder, so I know what a vocoder does, but ...

when I plug a SM57 into the left input of my virus C desktop and go to a vocoder preset, I hear no sound when playing the keyboard and talking the mic..
Is there something I have to switch on or off? The manual is kind of blurry and I did what they said, I guess (Although I'm not patient enough to read the whole book.).

I tried it by routing the mic throught my mixer, took the output and plugged it in the machine.
but still no vocoder. I can filter my voice and in the vocoder presets I can hear some noise when I talk in the mic (also when I'm not touching the keyboard), but one way or the other I can't play notes ...

:?

joez 21.01.2005 07:11 PM

vocoder

Is there a way to get the factory settings again, because I bought from second hand?

AlexHall74 21.01.2005 07:16 PM

Look in your manual for how to perform a system reset.

While turning on the Virus you have to have a particular button pressed down and hold it for 10-20 seconds. The LED screen will prompt you that the reset was successful.

I have done it many times and it works perfect again after I mangled it!

Hollowcell 21.01.2005 11:09 PM

If you are plugging a mic dirrectly into the C, chances are you will need to add gain to the input (FX edit menu from memory) - this creates a fair bit of noise and isn't the best way to add a mic.

The best way to use a mic with the C is to use a preamp before the input.

Honestly though, in my opinion you will get a nicer result using the Korg's vocoda than the C. Although the C's vocoda is quite editable, it just doesn't have the clarity - real pitty.

jasedee 22.01.2005 01:19 PM

Yeah....I wouldnt be too disappointed about the C Vocoder not working. It blows :(

AlexHall74 22.01.2005 02:18 PM

PISS! :x :x

The C Vocoder sucks, eh?

What about NI's Vokator software?

Has anyone used it?

Is it better than the VC Vocoder???

Hollowcell 22.01.2005 11:34 PM

NI's Vokata is far far better than the VC's vocoda. The Virus vocoda doesn't have a great deal of bands and just isn't the nicest sounding around. I prefer the Micro-korgs even.

It was one of the most dissapointing things when I first got my C. The other parts of the C more than make up for it though. :D

joez 23.01.2005 10:40 AM

vocoders

well, I'm a great fan of vocoders and before I used the Microkorg I used VC but because of thelatency problem I only could program the thing. Ofcourse I didn't bought the virus only for his vocoder, but at this point I'm a bit dissapointed.

But those are the moment that I say; music is not about the hard- or software you use!