The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Your Favorite Rhythm generation tool for the Virus ? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=26367)

muziksculp 22.12.2005 09:42 PM

Your Favorite Rhythm generation tool for the Virus ?

The Virus is a great synth, and the new TI has amazing sound generation capabilities, but I am not sure it is the best tool to create the rhythm track for a song (i.e. Trance, Techno, Dance, ...etc).

It would be interesting to know what Virus users seem to consider their favorite tool (hardware i.e. Korg EMX-1 or software i.e. Stylus RMX) to create rhythm tracks for the Virus.

Any feedback on this topic ?

Thanks

diy 22.12.2005 10:16 PM

Stylus rmx has everything you need in a box. Sound quality,flexibility for a bargain price. If you get the xpanders you can create everything you can imagine.

Doc Jones 23.12.2005 04:21 AM

agreed, I find Stylus RMX to be one of my favorite vstis. Be sure to pick up a copy of recycle as well so that you can chop up all of your loops and import them into rmx (if you go with it :) )

mind_over_gravity 23.12.2005 04:53 AM

I'm using dr-880 drum machine for acoustic drums and HPD-15 for ethnic and electro groove altogether the sound is amazing . 8)

DIGITAL SCREAMS 23.12.2005 08:04 AM

I like the simplicity of using a TR707 and using it to trigger other synths also. Thing that baffles me a bit with modern drum machines is that you dont seem to get individual outs these days. Everything just comes out of a stereo pair. Am I right in thinking these devices are just jamming tools....they cant be serious recording tools can they?

DS

MonkeyMan 23.12.2005 08:18 AM

DS. I think you will find that you can re-wire up the Virtual Drum software these days into multiple outs in your DAW - so each track can have FX/EQ.

regards

DIGITAL SCREAMS 23.12.2005 08:26 AM

So...most people use software drums these days? I dont like working with software...hell I dont even like working :lol:

What hardware alternatives are there these days? Drum machines with individual outs?

DS

AlexHall74 23.12.2005 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Jones
agreed, I find Stylus RMX to be one of my favorite vstis. Be sure to pick up a copy of recycle as well so that you can chop up all of your loops and import them into rmx (if you go with it :) )

Hey Doc, have you used NI's Inktakt?

I have read on another forum that Intakt is similar to ReCycle, maybe easier, maybe a little more feature rich.

I bought Reason almost 2 years ago and hated it so I never got into ReCycle...

Cheers!

-Alex

EnjoyRC 23.12.2005 11:28 AM

Stylus RMX ... definitely!

In the music that streams from my site... you'll hear Groove Agent. Now I've migrated over to Stylus RMX. Far superior to Steinberg's Groove Agent.

diy 23.12.2005 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
So...most people use software drums these days? I dont like working with software...hell I dont even like working :lol:

What hardware alternatives are there these days? Drum machines with individual outs?

DS

If you like, check the new mpc 2500.Superior quality, many outs,2midi IO, but only 16mb onboard ram expandable of course.The perfect hardware companion to the TI IMO.