The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Off topic (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   What do you think of this new skin? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=27146)

Drammy 13.06.2006 07:59 AM

What do you think of this new skin?

Hi All,

Time to vote again:

What do you think of the new skin over on the test site?

There is a slight issue as the original had a "do not modify" copyright on it and guess what I've done.

Not too sure if I am breaking any rules though...

Merlot 13.06.2006 08:16 AM

Looks good! Not too fancy, but not to boring either!

3o3 13.06.2006 10:01 AM

I'll get back to you on that one.

jasedee 13.06.2006 11:23 AM

Looks great! I voted "Hell yes!"

Anything is better than this stock standard skin that alot of places seem to have...

And the logo looks better in the new skin too!

Nice work Drammy!

:)

blay 13.06.2006 11:58 AM

Looking good...

Perhaps the section headings would look better in blue then orange - to match the 'infekted' text colour?

I find black text on grey background a little hard to read but overall its a big improvement on the current standard skin...

Great work drammy

cheers

Pete

Timo 13.06.2006 01:05 PM

Yep, yep, it's actually surprisingly easy on the eye to read. Maybe lighten it up just very slightly, though? What do others think?

The orange text is also a little bemusing on the stickies/announcements. Blay's idea sounds good.

The orange text on the black forum headers/titlebars looks great, though.

Doc Jones 13.06.2006 01:15 PM

damn it, somehow I hit the copyright option.
Anyways, looks good.

Onkel Dunkel 13.06.2006 02:11 PM

I voted someone can do better. Not because i don?t like it. I think it looks great but the text colours bothers me a little :? Here?s some suggestions:

- The red/orange text needs to be darker. It?s hard to read when the text is small.
- The indicator for unread topics should be orange and not green.
- The topics should be changed to white (maybe, i?m not sure)
- The text colour in the posts should rather be black than white (maybe switch the colours of URL?s and text).
- The names should definetly not be yellow. I don?t know what colour they should be but yellow is not the one.
- The newbie, pro, veteran, etc. and the online/offline icons have an anoying bright line around them. proberbly because they where made for a forum with brighter colours. These should be changed so they fit the darker background (maybe a new design?).

Just ideas :wink:

Edit: The red/orange text is great on black background but harder to read on grey...

Khazul 13.06.2006 02:24 PM

Looks good to me - n1 dram :)

I'll need to give you a new rendering, or if definately a goer, then maybe a shaped rendering to fit the header shape?

Drammy 13.06.2006 02:46 PM

Yeah, good call Khazul.

I need to add some links for bookmarks and for downloads. Once they are in place I will let you know and if you could then work your rendering magic...

I will also try and work in some of Onkel's, Timo's and other suggestions.

As for the white lines around certain graphics - this is unavoidable from the skin end without creating a white background... We may need to be a bit more selective when choosing avatars (they should have been created on transparent backgrounds and not white ones as this is the cause)